1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever wired $$ to Europe??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 3dram8, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I found a very nice 2-barrel O/U hard-case on the Negrini (Italy) website, and they are willing to sell to me direct. They want to send me a pro-forma invoice payable in Euros to their bank. What would be the safest and most secure way to do this? Is there a less expensive way to do it besides using my bank (they want $30 to do the funds transfer including the currency conversion). Thanks for your help.....Rick

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Will they take a credit card? That is by the far the best. If not, ask them if you can mail them euro denomination travelers checks rounded to just over the amount due and request them from your bank. Tell Negrini to put the change in the case in cash. Never can tell when you might need a few euros.

3. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

$30 for an international EFT with conversion is about right, but silly for a few hundred dollars.

If Negrini doesn't take credit cards, get an Intenational Postal MO denominated in € and mail it.

If you are concerned abt CC security, buy a reloadable CC.

Bob

4. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I would go with the electronic funds transfer via your bank.

This, I would think, would be the safest way and give you a better "paper trail" of the transaction.

Based on my prior experience (I am retired from over 40 years of Commercial Banking experience) the $30 fee is reasonable.

Allen

5. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

I sent my daughter funds to Malawi, Africa when she was there teaching.

Sent Western Union, she had it in 2 hours. Yes there was a fee, but

guaranteed. Worth every single penny for the peace of mind!

Mike Cunningham

6. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

$25 to $30 is the going cost to WT. Did you ask them about using a CC?

They have a nice website, I would be interested in one of those cases, but I would think that freight, duty, and clearing fees would cost more than the case.

Please let us know how it works out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.