1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Anyone Ever Shot Trap With This Stock Type?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by IndyShotgun, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Does a true pistol grip have any advantages?

2. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Yes, people shot with it. No, I don't believe it has any tremendous advantage. If you think it's comfortable, use it. Anything that makes you more comfortable wile shooting will help.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You don't know till you try it.

Most of the high dollar trap guns have an exagerrated pistol grip with the hand in a more comfortable position.

There is a nicer thumbhole stock for 870 that seems to me would be more comfy than the one you show.

Happy hunting.

HM

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't have an adjustable comb and butt plate...

5. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

It may damage your wrist after prolonged shooting, such as 200 singles or handicaps.

WNCRob

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm old school, but I thought shotgun stocks were made to keep EVERYTHING closer/inline with the bore, so shooter will have a more natural feeling of the gun, making the gun closer to be the extension of your arm when shooting moving targets.

Does this theory still valid?

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Steve the theory is still valid. I just don't want to discourage anyone from trying something new. You never know, this might work for some shooters.

This type of stock is not expensive. So, it is a relatively inexpensive experiment. If it works, great. If it doesn't, he's not out a lot of money and can probably sell the stock for close to what he paid for it.

The idea of trying to keep everything close to the line of the bore is a good one. It's just not physically possible. Why not try something new?

8. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

The slope of that stock scares me. I don't know how anyone could shoot that and stay in the gun as in keep your cheek on the comb in a consistent manner.

The pistol grip is another matter. The grip is your steering mechanism and there's nothing more sure than and full pistol.

Here's my set up. Note the comb is in line with the bore. It works.

joekuhn_2008_030317.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.