1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone done this?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by miketmx, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I can understand the usefulness of such a monitor for that Winter Olympics Event where the competitor must ski fast on the cross country trail and then is immediately required to shoot a good score on a rifle target. I have to take a Beta Blocker for my heart but this has no effect one way or another on my trapshooting.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Beta Blockers are banned in international competitions like the Olympic Games. HMB

3. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I am not aware of any published testing (for shotgun shooting), but I agree - it would be an interesting question. For many mid level shooters, stress is an important influence on scores. Phil Kiner got me into breathing, to achieve a relaxation. I have come to believe that it helps achieve a Zen like concentration (most of the time :) )
    and in addition, oxygenates the blood which assists vision.

It would be interesting if you could get one from a friend and wear it for a few rounds of fun and competition.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I own 2 heart rate monitors. One is a simple wrist watch type device but the dial jumps around so much that it is very hard to use with any accuracy. The other is a velcro attaching band that goes around the chest and again has a wrist watch type of dial but it is more stable and easier to use. You have no doubt seen these exercise guidelines for aerobic fitness where you are supposed to get your target heart rate up to a certain level based on your age. These guidelines can not be used when you are on a Beta Blocker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.