1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone done it?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dusted1, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusted1

Dusted1 TS Member

Has a left handed shooter ever won a Grand American Championship? If so who and what year.

2. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

patrick lamont done a pretty fair job a couple years ago at the grand 399 out of 400 if memory serves me correctly..dwain

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

2 98's from 27 both times 1 short. I'll keep trying. Left eye dominant, right handed.

4. joehunter

joehunter Member

Missed Some you are mistaken.

Patrick Lamont won the Grand American Handicap in 2008 with a 100 from the 27. He also broke a 399 and won the All Around in 2008. He also won the All Around this year with a 398.

Joey

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Just a couple of questions.

What possible difference could it make whether you are left handed or right handed as far as winning is concerned?

Please define left handed shooter as I have never been sure just what it means. So what does left handed shooter mean?

Bob Lawless

6. Borderland

Borderland Member

Sad news...Our friend Ivanhoe has evidently gone round the bend and cannot tell left from right. What will happen next... Up from Down ???
    Get well soon Bob

Ken

7. ivanhoe

Borderland

"Sad news...Our friend Ivanhoe has evidently gone round the bend and cannot tell left from right."

Very clever Kenny unfortunately I didn't see you explain the difference either could it be that I am not the only one gone round the bend?????

It would seem to me that in order to criticize me you would first need to be able to explain the difference yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW I have always been round the bend. What is your excuse??????

Bob Lawless

8. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for Bobby Lawyer to "copy and paste me!" I will finally have made the big time! I suspect Bobby Poo, that the question was asked out of curiosity or trivia! In addition, if you do not know what a right handed shooter is, right handed hitter, right handed golfer etc, I agree with the other above, "You have gone over the edge" or one ingnorant person! In fact, if you do not know, I certainly would be unable to educate you! Tom Rhoads

9. ivanhoe

tcr1146 well Tommy Poo just what I would expect from you more lack of knowledge of what the question is asking.

BTW Tommy Poo where did I say I didn't know. I said I wasn't sure of what the term means(Left Handed)I know what it means to be left handed or right handed.
    If I wanted to be educated as you put it you would be one of the last people I would ask to do it for me.

Oh and Tommy Poo can you explain to me why everyone is having so much trouble explaining the term Left Handed Shooter. In their own words not the stereotyped definition. I am being attacked for ASKING A GD QUESTION. If it is such an easy thing to define why am I being attacked for asking it???????????

Bob Lawless

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Ole Ivanhoe may be confused on what a left handed shooter is, but I'm pretty sure he knows ALL ABOUT left handed cigarettes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. ivanhoe

There you go we know have three that think they are so smart. Yet they haven't answered the question!!!!!!!! Gee it must be nice to be so smart.

Bob Lawless

12. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Damn! I was counting on being copy/pasted by the master! Oh well, back to the bourbon! Tom Rhoads

13. Borderland

Borderland Member

Bob...you misunderstood my post. I was not critizing you at all.I was simply having some fun at your expense....As always - best wishes to you and happy you can still mount a stout defense.

Ken

14. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Bob:

"left handed shooter" means:

"has taken leave of a shooter who has at least one hand"

Lou

15. ivanhoe

Bushmaster1313 so who are you quoting????? What does Right Handed Shooter mean????

Seem to me like we now have four shooters that don't know what it means!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

16. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Put a compass in your hand, either one, and hold it in front of your face. Find north. Place the gun in the pocket of your "west" shoulder. Place your "west" finger on the trigger. There. Congrats lefty.

17. ivanhoe

blizzard so tell me is this how you decide how to tell if someone is left handed or right handed?

Do you just take a small child and put a compass in their hand to determine which side of their brain is dominate?

Truly amazing, but of course you can't fix it so what the he!!

Bob Lawless

18. Janet

Janet TS Member

You decide whether you are a left or right hand shooter when you pick up your first gun, point and if as I did, notice that you are left eye dominant and gun feels good in left hand then by golly you are a left handed shooter. You betcha!!

19. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

at the expense of sounding really stupid....doesn't a right handed shooter actuate the firing mechanism of the firearm with his right hand??

tony

20. jhoward

jhoward Member

Bob, you did not ask how to determine if someone was left or right handed, but rather how to define a left handed shooter. A left handed shooter is someone who has the stock of the gun against their left shoulder, right hand on the forearm, and left hand on the grip, the left had also pulls the trigger.

Whether or not the person is right or left handed in other activities is irrelevant. If they hold the gun on the left side of the body then they, by definition shoot left handed. And I know at least one person who can shoot from both sides and has different guns set up for each side, he would be an ambidextrous shooter.

Determining right or left handedness is a completely different topic. And has no bearing that I can see on the original post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.