1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

has anyone changed the pad on a benelli comfortech

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lovethesport, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

has anyone changed to a kick eez ---if yes, how was this achieved--i need appx 15 lop and non of the factory pads allow for this

2. drh08

drh08 TS Member

Sorry, I put a limbsaver on mine, went together very well

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

What did you mount the limb saver pad to? The factory pad snaps into place and there is nothing there to mount another pad via screws. I had a custom stainless steel plate made to fit behind the grooves that hold the factory pad and had it threaded for machine screws for mounting a thicker pad. It would loosen and shift around so I sh&% canned the gun.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I've done 2 Benellis. Built them out to 15 1/4"LOP. The first one, embedded wood with epoxy glue and screwed the new pad on. It came loose in a year. The second one we used a Kickeez spacer and embedded in the stock, but we sanded the hell out of the interior of the composite stock so it was rough and fit the inlet spacer very tight. Glued it with epoxy. Stayed for 3 years now.

5. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

6. Garry

Garry Active Member

Yes, I have.

Contact Ken Rucker. He makes an aluminum plate that is held in place by the lip inside the synthetic stock. The holes in the plate are pre-drilled and threaded and Ken even furnishes the machine screws. With this plate you can install spacers and the pad of your choice.

Ken's phone number is 903-209-5074.

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

And, the arrangement you mention made of aluminum is crap that loosens and eventually the machine screws strip the threads. I tried one of those before having the custom stainless steel one made. Better to try what esetter did.

Plus, you may end up with some guns like esetter...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.