1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has any used Restasis

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mr. Lester, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Lester

Mr. Lester Member

Wanted opinions from people who have used this product,good, bad, side effects, etc. Thanks, Lester

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

My wife uses is. It took a little while for the full effect but she thinks it is a life saver. A friend took it and was allergic and had to discontinue after just a few days. My wife has suffered with this dry business for years and this stuff is teh cats meow for her. It's expensive but well worth it to not live with the misery of chronic dry eyes. Geez, I sound like a commercial. Jeff

3. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

I tried it for about three months. It burned my eyes all day. I was better off without it so I quit. The best thing I have found for me is fish oil. If you haven't tried a fish oil regimen then I suggest trying it. Three 1000 mg capsules a day.

4. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Restasis is a very good product. It is really a weak antibiotic that has anti-inflammatory properties. The anti-inflammation part is the workhorse. Dry eye problems tend to make themselves worse over time. Restasis knocks down the inflammation and truly increases tear production. The bad news is that you don't expect to have results before 6-8 weeks of proper use and if you quit using it you are back where you were before you started. If you are allergic to the antibiotic, you can't use it. If your Dr. suggested it try it.

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I put one drop of extra heavy mineral oil in my left eye every morning as soon as I get up.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

my dry-eye has corrected itself since I have been able to get off Prednisone,..have not needed any since Oct

7. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

I stopped my eyes from years of dryness.
    I found that taking a table spoon on coconut oil every day keeps my eyes from dryness.
    This has worked wonders for me. It takes few days to build up in my system. After a while I forget to take it because my eyes aren't hurting. Then I start to feel a little dryness so I take a table spoon full or less and the dryness goes away.

Maybe it will help you.

Arnie

8. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Could not get past the burning. I tried it for a month. Started taking Flax seed oil, works just like the fish oil only no bad after taste.

Jim R

9. GARMASTERS

GARMASTERS TS Member

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=50790&name=RESTASIS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.