1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anbody tried Briley Spectrums in a Guerini?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RobPete, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobPete

RobPete Member

My tubes are starting to corode....again. I figured, instead of calling Guerini for replacements, I'd just get some aftermarked ones.

I'm leaning towards Briley spectrums in Full and Light Full. Has anybody on here had any experience with them? Opinions? I've used them in other guns, but would like to hear how they pattern in Guerini trap guns.

Thanks

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Use CMD grease on those tubes, or White Grease CMD even acts like a gas seal around the threads. Take steel wool and polish those tubes and use CMD, put some on the bottom of the tube and on the threads, twist the tube when installing so grease goes up the tube.

This works beautiful, I use it on my CG tubes, they are still like new.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Same for me as Dr. Longshot, but i did buy the brileys, and i do like them, i feel like they dont pattern as tightly as the guerrini chokes, but that is just me, you dont have to worry about twisting them to make sure they are tight anymore, the brileys stay in, and they arent hard to take out after your done either, and they wont corrode either, since they arent blued. Overall, i like them, but i usually use the guerrini chokes anyways.

Sincerely, Osker Reynolds

4. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Dr. Longshot,

Where would one go to buy some of this CMD grease?

I went to Midwest gunworks website and typed in "CMD Grease" and came up with nothing...

Thanks,

Kevin

5. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I have a new Guerini .12 "extra full" choke tube for sale.
    $40.00 delivered....

6. Snooky

Snooky Member

CMD gun lube

johnwall@comcast.net
    Best grease I ever used. Some don't like it because it's thick but it stays where you put it. Chicago Manufacturing Co. 1-800-537-2956 www.cmdlube.com

7. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Notes on Caesar Guerini chokes:

The threads are on the muzzle end of the choke. As a shot is fired this allows the gas to pass between the choke and the barrel until the gas reaches the choke threads. In a short period of time this will oxidize the complete tube. Lubing the complete area of the choke tube from the choke threads back to the opposite end from the threads stops this action.

When completely lubed the gas can not get between the choke and the barrel due to the hydraulic action of the lube preventing this. I have had good results just using the same lube as I use on the hinge area which is currently Pro Gold.

If you lube the threads only without lubing the barrel of the choke as above it will oxidize and stick tight in a very short time. This applies to stock chokes, stainless, or titanium.

The reason this isn't a problem on Browning invecter style chokes is because the threads are on the breach end and the gas can not get past the threads.

One choke you may want to try is the Comp-N-Choke. Caesar Guerini chokes and Briley's have 1" of parallel while the Comp-N-Choke has 1 1/8" of parallel. I am currently testing these chokes and from the breaks I am getting I like them. Pattern testing will follow once the temperature rises.

Michael Stephenson
    Caesar Guerini Magnus 20,000 shot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ceasar guerini titanium briley choke tubes