1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Reid & Clay Pigeons

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lkn4rocks, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

Is this how DC intends to handle the "immigration / amnesty" problem? This is just another item of concern that you need to contact your federal representives about!

Well, besides the obvious ... but a clay pigeon is a tactic used in Congress <http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070618/D8PRFKF84.html>. Harry Reid wants to use this on the immigration bill to get it passed as quickly as possible. This is so he can move onto more important things, like undermining our military and maintaining his less-popular-than-Bush image.

The "clay pigeon" tactic calls for all 22 amendments to the amnesty bill to be incorporated into one amendment .. just one amendment containing all 22 elements. That's the clay pigeon. The pigeon is then launched and the Senators take their shots. With the first hit the clay pigeon is smashed into its 22 components. But since we're really talking about one single amendment here, this means that once a vote is taken on ending debate (and the fix is in) the Senate has only 30 hours to debate all 22 scattered elements of the clay pigeon. that works out to a little over an hour per amendment. The reality is that this Senate can't get cranked up in an hour, much less debate an important amendment to a disastrous bill. Has anyone watched CSPAN?? It takes about 3 years to have a roll call vote, much less 22 of them. And at the end of the day, you have no choice. You have to vote! And if you haven't had the chance to honestly debate the issue, too bad. Harry Reid is pulling this procedural stunt because he doesn't want to actually talk about each amendment. No, this would be too logical to actually discuss each part of the legislation.

Pretty tricky Harry. We here in talk radio are on to you and your amnesty schemes. Just remember, we're running the country ... and we know what you are up to!

WE CAN'T EVEN DEPORT ILLEGAL CRIMINALS

As it is, the federal government is already bogged down with too much immigration paperwork. So the Congress' plan ... just grant them amnesty! It's probably out of sheer laziness (and fear) to actually work on the current system, which is clearly failing.

In the second half of 2006, Colorado officials turned over 15,000 names <http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5590948,00.html> to federal authorities. Why? Because the criminals Colorado was sending to jail had no paperwork. They were illegal criminals. And now, they are sitting in Colorado jails - paid for by Colorado taxpayers - and the federal government can't do a darn thing about it. 15,000 criminals, folks! In just six months! In one state. And who knows how many they don't have in jails!

These are criminals. Not just because they broke the law to get into this country, but they broke the laws of their counties and they are sitting in jail. And even if the state reports the names, nothing is going to happen. Nothing. That's our federal government for you. Can't even get a simple passport issued.

Congress would rather grant amnesty to these criminals than do what they deserve: deport them. If the federal government can't even send the illegals home who commit additional crimes (other than coming here in the first place), you know that they aren't serious about the rest. All they have to do punish anyone who enables this criminal illegal alien enterprise. That includes the employers, the banks, the landlords ... everyone. Yank out the welcome mat. They will self deport. They'll go home! If they can't make money, there is no point in being here. Let them leave.

What's sad is that the number reported increased 71 percent from two years ago. That is no insignificant increase! Are more of them suddenly crossing the border? No. But we have gotten to a point where this has been allowed to go on for too long. And amnesty for their crimes is not the way to solve it.

2. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

What we need is about 100 million suits charging supporters of this bill with failing to uphold the U.S. constitution.

Buz

3. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Devil

Great post and spot on.

4. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

Devil that was a Great Post but for all those that knowingly sit on their hands, run their mouth and do nothing but idle through this type of political issues without contacting their state / federal representatives making their issues & voices known, are truly a disgrace to our ancestors that fought and died for our basic freedoms..... (This message has been revised from its original form & I would like to express my most sincere apologies to anyone that it may have offended.)

5. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Ola Paco, Qepasa ? Yo quero trubajo.

Sorry if my Spanish is not very good. But I think our new governing people (Mexicans) should be understanding. After all when we ran this country we allowed them not to speak or write our language. We even helped out by providing government forms in Spanish. That reminds me, does anyone know where I can get a voter registration written in the old language? They are going to let us vote, aren’t they?

6. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

Devil it was a good post..... I reread you original post about 5 times and what you were trying to say finally came across, sometimes I am a little dense.... I truly am sorry that I included you in my little outburst, there was no call for that, I read something into it that was totally not there.... Please accept my most sincere apologies for my irresponsible actions.... I have learned and immense lesson in humility today, thank you so very much.... There is an edit process on this system and I will try to make amends.

7. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

"We here in talk radio are on to you and your amnesty schemes. Just remember, we're running the country ... " <---am I the only one that had the bejeezus scared outta me from this statement?

At least now I know who I can blame for the ills of this Nation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.