1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Koogler

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RFGA2, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Does anyone know if Harry Koogler, the former Federal Rep in the 70's, is still alive. I did not see him in Sparta the last two Grand Americans and he was not at the last couple of SHOT SHOWS. I last know he was living near Knoxville, TN and saw him at the Grand at the "old Place"

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte, NC

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Bob, if this is the gentleman I'm thinking of , a friend of mine is/was a good friend of his. I should be seeing my friend this weekend and I'll ask him and re-post on this thread.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Thanks, My Dad was a Federal Ammo Distributor in the mid 1970s and I shot with Harry at several Ohio State Shoots and Grands. A buddy and I were talking and Harry's name came up and I don't think he has gone horizontal but don't hear of him.

He had such a great sense of humor.

Harry borrowed an Ithaca Perazzi TM-1 when Ithaca was importing them. We shot a pratice round with the gun and he said it was not shooting high enough. We went back to the Ithaca building and asked if the gunsmith had a vice. We were told that since it was the Ohio Shoot it was just a Sales Rep in attendance and none of the equipment was there.

Harry and I walked out and into the Browning Building, near the Main ATA building then. They did not display at the Ohio Shoot but the building was used for First Aid. Harry walked in and was asked by the nurse if he needed help and he said yes, walked over to a vise and put the Perazzi barrel into the vise and yanked on it with his considerable weight, thus bending the barrel. He took it out of the vise and looked down the barrel said "not enough" and proceeded to bend the barrel again in a second spot. The Barrel had to huge kinks in the rib.

As we were going out to shoot our handicap event, we walked by the Ithaca Building and watched the Ithaca Rep hava a near heart attack as he saw the kinks and Harry explained the gun did not shoot high enough. Harry went out and shot a 98 to win the Industry Trophy from 27 yards.

I'm not sure if he ever bought that gun!
    Bob

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

rfga2- The club welcomed the Phesants Forever youth hunt participants with breakfast and a 10 target shoot warm-up this morning and my buddy who is good friends with Harry Koogler was there with his grandson. I asked about the status of Mr. Koogler. Rice said that he is alive and well and living in Tennessee. Rice also stated that he had heard of Harry bending more than a few barrels in his day. They remain great friends. I told you that I'd find out so there you go!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

Gary, don't you mean Waldo?

7. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Jerry:

Thanks for the info. I'm sure Harry bent a lot of barrels in his time. I am sure Harry wore all those types of clothes after a few adult beverages.

Bob Gibson

8. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Jerry:

Thanks for the info. I'm sure Harry bent a lot of barrels in his time. I am sure Harry wore all those types of clothes after a few adult beverages.

Bob Gibson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.