1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Harrison to be inducted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapwife, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Leo Harrison III has be selected to become a member of the 2010 class of the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame. The induction ceremony will be held in Springfield MO on Sunday, Jan 31, 2010. He joins Lela Hall Frank and C.E. Barnhart as the third trapshooter ever be honored. Not only is this a great honor for Leo, it is a highly visible recognition for the sport of trapshooting.

2. Vickie

Vickie Member

Congratulations Leo! What an honor and well deserved.

Vickie Larkin

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Congrat's!

ss

4. trap_shooter2000

trap_shooter2000 Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Congrats Leo! See you guys hopefully in Florida!

Aaron Willoughby

5. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

I don't know Leo personaly, but have had the honor watching him shoot at the Grand 07,08&09. I think you could put a barrel on a fence post and Leo could break targets with it. Congtatulations on your latest accomplishment, well deserved.

John

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Hats off to leo and you Karla. It is well deserved for sure and you played a major part in his success.

Lou, Idaho

7. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

Congratulation Leo. You deserve this honor.
    Pat Haskins

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Congrats big guy!!....its about time!

9. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Trapshooting would not be the same sport without the likes of Leo. I am one of his many admirers. Rick ~~~Texas

10. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

i first watched leo in the 80's shoot at the grand in ohio. at that time he was shooting a remington 1100. i was fortunate to meet and speak to him while he attended the wisconsin state shoot years later. i had asked him about a certain medical procedure and he took the time to discuss it with me for over 30 minutes. a friend of mine tied leo that day in the handicap event. the shoot off was at night and my friend was on 20 yards and leo on the 27. my friend beat leo that night. my friend told me how gracious leo was and encouraged my friend in his future shooting. as great a shooter that leo is, he is even a nicer person. leo is a true "Gentleman" in every sense of the word. i remember reading about leo in the american shotgunner magazine back in the 70's and 80's. they felt he was a up and comming shooter. if any of you have children starting out in this game, i highly reccomend taking them to a shoot and having them watch leo. he is a credit to our sport.
    steve balistreri

11. GatorFan

GatorFan TS Member

Congratulations Leo! You are an amazing shooter as well as a great sprotsman. You are also a great ambassador for our sport.
    Congrats also on the Captain's spot on the All American team. Good luck this year and Merry Christmas.

Jennifer Wilburn

12. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Huuuummm, them ole hillbillys down there musta thunk he up and done somethen....

Well Iam sure you know how we feel but just for the record, CONGRATS BIG GUY :)

Karla, save us two seats. I want him to realize how darn special he is because thats the last day of the Kansas pheasant, quail, turkey and prarie chicken seasons and I don't think that I've ever not hunted on that day...

Devi and Martin

13. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Leo and Karla,

Congrats from Downunder, we are looking forward to catching up next summer.
    A very
    Gary, Karen and the gang.

14. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Leo and Karla,

Sorry did not finish last thread, was saying have a very Merry Christmas and a much happier 2010.

Say Hi to the girls, and we hope you are not spoiling the new Granddaughter to much.

Gary...

15. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

As a graduate of one of Leo's "Elite Clinics" I think about Leo every time I pick my shotgun up. He is a fine gentleman and I enjoyed my day with him a great deal. Congratulations!!!

Jon "Chiefjon" Schorle

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Way to go buddy. Somebody's gonna think you were a defensive tackle.

17. t-bar

t-bar Member

Well deserved Leo.

Barb & Tom

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Taking averything into consideration there is probably no one who is more deserving to be put into any trap shooting Hall of Fame than Leo Harrison III ... I can remember shooting many years ago with him at Graf's in Mexico Mo. in a sleet storm, he was shooting in a T shirt ... I told him he better get a jacket and he said if its to cold to shoot in a T shirt, then its too cold to shoot ... "Congratulations" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. Model12Lady

Model12Lady Member

Congratulations Leo. You are so very deserving of this honor.

Hope you and Karla have fun spoiling that new grand-daughter on her first Christmas.

Look forward to seeing you next summer.

Carol

20. George Steffes

George Steffes TS Member

Congrads Big Guy,have a Merry Christmas to your family.

George & Barb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.