1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Harrington&Richardson, Harrich No. 1?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SeldomShoots, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Yes, I had one. It was a 34" with the pull/release sliding switch for the trigger. One heavy built gun with 2 locking lugs under the monoblock and two parallel pins on the top cross bolt. Thick walled barrel. A very flat shooting gun. A gorgeous gun, but not shooter friendly except for bushwackers and possibly the 16 yard line. By the way, 1971 was the only year they offered the pull/release trigger option.

Nice engraving and machining from the craftsmen of Franz Sodia which was part of gunmaker's guild in Ferlach, Austria. Sodia made some very fine drillings. It was not made by H&R but imported by them, (probably their effort to try to match the Perazzi TM-1 imported by Ithaca). If you find one in good condition and the price is within your means, it is a great gun to buy to add to a cool trap gun collection. A friend of mine still has his 32" barreled Harrich and it seems to point and swing faster than the 34".

Hope this helps,

John E.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I was in love with one buty couldn't come up with the money. Apparently these were given or sold to the sales reps of H & R according to the story I got.

Seems to me the rib was solidly attached and the POI could move when the gun got hot.

I loved it anyway.

HM

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Half is right the rib is solidly fixed to the barrel. I never notice the POI move on mine when it got hot. I think that is why the made the barrels so thick. It was a serious chunk of steel. Franz Sodia also made some over/under shotguns.

John E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

h&r harrich model 1

h&r harrich no 1

harrich trap

harrington and richardson harrich shotgun

harrington and richardson trap gun