1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Harley XR 1200

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Mike K P, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

Anybody here ride a Harley XR 1200? Opinions? Thanks. Mike.

2. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

No, but they sure look like a cool scooter.

Cheers,

George

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Some Harley snob friends of mine consider any Sportster a "Chick Bike," but I think the 1200 has a comfortable seating position and feels less sluggish than a lot of the bulkier big twins.

Plus, if you get bored with it, you can put another $20K into making it even cooler, LOL...

-Gary

gw22_2008_030370.jpg

4. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

That's no chick bike! I saw them race these twice this year in person and it gave me the itch! Mike.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I saw them race at the GP in Indy. The 125's put in quicker lap times and were faster down the straights. They ran the Hardleys after all of the GP classes do to the fear of making the track to slick because of oil loss (no joke). The race kit is only like $3500 because the class doesn't allow for engine mods.

Those XR's are tall motorcycles and don't like to be flicked back and forth in tight turns. If you get to pushing them too hard they will wag their head on turn exit.

ss

6. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

short shucker, I was at Indy as well, The five bike pile up in the XR race was right in front of me. Too bad I didn't know you where there, it would have been fun to hook up with a fellow TS.com follower and motorcycle enthusiast. Did you make it to downtown Indy Saturday night? It was a blast. Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.