1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Harlan's

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kiwiG, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, Dan Thome (Trap2) made reference to this production (video or DVD?) in another post. Does anyone have one for sale, or know where I can get it? Kind Regards-Graham.

2. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks Guys, Luckily I watched the preview of the DVD on one of the links...it appears Harlan teaches a gun hold much higher than I can work with. The content seemed to be fairly much what I am after, but I think I would get more from a production made by someone who holds lower. Thanks again. Cheers-Graham.

3. PW

PW Member

Try the Phil Kiner Video he teaches a lower gun hold that worked great for me helped a lot. he has a web sight where you can order from him i like the 1st DVD the best but both are good.
    Perry

4. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

You can order the videos from www.sunrisevideo.com I have watched the singles DVD and you can preview all 3 on this website. By the way Otter Creek Sportsmans Club, Cedar Rapids Iowa is proud that we were chosen to be the site for filming of these fine videos. The man is truly a teacher.

5. bigben

bigben Active Member

Graham, I think you might have a misunderstanding, as most accomplished shooters hold almost level with the ground when shooting singles,targets are the same for handicap,it's just back and the targets appear lower, hence a lower hold for handicap, it's still 1/2 to 5/8 the distance between the trap house lid and the apex of the target.Next time at the club when they are adjusting the T bar stand the 16 yd. line and mount the gun so it's a little above halfway of the height from the trap house lid,and the T bar,do the same at the 27 yd. line and hold to acheive the same height, now you'll know and understand, incinerate em!

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

bigben- Your post is accurate for many two eyed shooters but your suggestions do not work for many of us who have to block out one eye.

Graham- You can learn much from both Harlan's and Phil's tape. And, don't overlook Leo, Daro, Frank and Kay. One thing you will learn is that there is not one way that everyone should follow when shooting trap. Some things work well for some and do not work for others. Get all the good information you can and then sort out what will work for you. You will not be able to watch one video and have all of your problems solved.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trapshooter harlan