1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Harlan video should be something

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starship, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starship

starship TS Member

Just went to Shotgun Sports web site to order the two Harlan Campbell videos.
    I'm expecting great things from these as accoding to the web site they weigh two pounds each and cost $9 each to ship.
    Maybe them come with a complimentary box of shells....

Sorry but just seems quite high for shipping a DVD.
    Then again, I went ahead and ordered both of them. Hope I learn something useful to cover the costs.

2. postman

postman TS Member

its $9...

enough said

3. starship

starship TS Member

Gee, that's interesting. I'm the one that ordered them and shipping was $18!
    Enough said.....

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

15,000 dollar shot gun

10 MPG SUV

29 dollar per hundred targets

8 dollar per box premium shells

9 dollars to ship a DVD

Cheese to go with that whine

Priceless

FR

5. zinger

zinger Member

What does the price of a shotgun have to do with being ripped off for shipping of an item that weighs probably less than a pound? Everytime someone has a legitimate gripe about the cost of something, the price of their shotgun is always thrown in their face? I don't get it?

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

It is the PRICE of doing business.

I tell you what - Create a shooting video and market it and offer FREE shipping!

I will be the first customer:)

FR

7. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Hey Chip - did you get your Kolar??

I already have the Harlan video - went to his clinic last March and will be taking his clinic again this weekend with Jimmy and Jeri Wilson:)

FR

8. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

I'm not to bright. But if the video can be purchased for $59.95 then why would cost be $66.00 plus $9.00 shipping. I do not care how great they may be but it seems someone is/or is attemptig to rip shooters off. Under said circumstances I would believe either price woulbe be too high. I believe the issue should be directed to Mr. Campbell and he should make an explanation. I am sure there should be a plausible explanation. - Jim

9. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Jim -

I suspect the price is different for the same reason that gas costs different amounts at Shell stations all over the country, or milk is one price at store A and a different price at store B.

I don't think Harlan has anything to do with what a retailer is going to charge for his video. If it's like everything else they bought it from him at a price, they can charge whatever they think they can get.

It's impossible to get ripped off if you get what you pay for.

Seems plausable to me anyway.

Scott

10. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I will ask him the question Saturday during one of our breaks. What would you like for him to say to make you feel better?

Good instruction is a costly proposition but to say that someone is ripping shooters off is a pretty low blow.

FR

11. seitzrobt

seitzrobt Member

Your problem with shipping charges has nothing to do with Harlan Campbell Jr. or the dvd, the people selling this dvd in this case Shotgun Sports seem to be your problem. . We sell the videos for 60.00 each including shipping. Guess that means we are charging .05 cents for our shipping. If we can be of any assistance call 785-762-5626. Email tcsp@kansas.net
    Thanks,
    Rob

12. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

We printed the thread and gave it to Harlan today. He didn't have a lot to say other than he would look into it.

FR

13. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Guys: I bought both videos at seperate times and paid $59.95 and you'll have to confirm but I believe that included the postage it came in an yellow envelope from Rob Taylors 785-762-5626 Santa Fe www.FirearmsandTrapGuns.com through the mail not UPS. Give Rob a call and he'll help you.By the way the DVD's are great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.