1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Harlan is going strong

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sammie, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammie

sammie TS Member

I watched Harlan and another young fellow on the out-of-state shoot-off. Two hundred straight and still going. Weather was great and so were the hamburgers. sam

2. C H S

C H S TS Member

The one I saw last had one of the homeliest black resin custom stocks on it you'll ever see; the palm swell is made out of duct tape and the bead blinder is a piece of a hacksaw blade screwed to the side of the rib and it weighed about 12 pounds. It looked like a high school shop project but the man can do magic with it.

Andy

3. ccridr

ccridr Member

Andy
    The stock you saw on Harlan's gun was a hurry up replacement the result of having his guns stold last yeat. He now has it's replacement, one of the nicest pices of wood that I've seen in a long while.
    Colby

4. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

That would be Frank Bentley III

5. zoom

zoom TS Member

I saw Harlan last year with that black stock.I hear that his new gun has Gold engraved all over it. Hope to see it at the Grand. That boy sure can shoot.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

He can teach also. My scores have increased and I've gained 2 yrds since I took his class in April. Also a nice guy. I hope he is at the Iowa State shoot next week.

Bill

7. amx guy

amx guy TS Member

who's frankie bentley? lol

8. trapshootinkid25

trapshootinkid25 TS Member

Frankie Bentley is an All American from Illinois (Lockport) who would have been the other out of state "young guy" shooting Estate 7.5's. Frankie got me hooked on those Estates back at the Brittany Labor Day shoot last September. Great shells.

Good shooting to Harlan and Frankie.

Michael Ruebhausen 02 10639

9. Donm

Donm Active Member

Trapshootingkid25 I was a ref in the shoot offs. Weren't you called to the shoot off table a couple of times?

10. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

Who WON ??????

11. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Sammie according to Phil Kiner most of the "Big Guns" hold a low gun especially for handicap!

12. likes-to-shoot

Kolar-G Just to talk to him. I took his course last April.

E-mail sent Jack.

Bill

13. likes-to-shoot

Gary....LOL I figured that. Great shooter and he is a nice guy to talk to also. His course has help my shooting quite a bit. I'm seriously thinking about another course to do some fine tuning if you know what I mean.

Bill

14. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Harlan Campbell is a great shooter and a nice guy to boot. Harlan is friendly to all shooters and if not competiting, he is always willing to give you a pointer or two.

Harlan looks about 25 to 30 lbs lighter than last year and his shooting seems to getting even better, if that is hardly possible? Harlan is a class act and a good guy!

Rick Brohmer

15. primed

primed Well-Known Member

He's been the captain of the men's All American team for what, 4 or 5 years. And you're telling us that he shoots well. Thank you for keeping us up to date!

rotflmao

Bob

16. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

The finest ambassador to our sport we could have.A true gentleman and one of the greatest instucters you will find.On top of that he is actually rather humble when compared to some of the other "greats".

17. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

harlan broke 99 singles 98 handicap & 99 doubles at iowa today.dwain

18. trapshootinkid25

sammie:

Frankie and Harlan both know how to puff targets (but Harlan is a far better golfer...but I begrudingly admit that Frankie is getting better). Frank only shoots 7.5's and I think he shoots the 3 dram for singles (but I am not sure). I know he shoots the estates for Singles and doubles (light for first shot and 3 dram for 2nd) and Federal Handicaps for caps. Like I said, he got me hooked on them. Harlan ended up winning the shootoff I believe.

Donm:

If they were calling my name for a shootoff, it was either a practical joke or I was possessed, went to Wisconsin (from STL and unknowingly shot well) and then decided a shootoff wasn't worth my time? lol. No, I did not make it up this year (not since 2003). Perhaps a similar fantastically German name with a bunch of syllables and odd connected vowels. =-).

Frankie and Harlan are both class acts and they know a thing or two about shooting. I am proud to say Frankie has helped me a lot over the few years I have been shooting, and can vouch for him first hand.

Take care!

Best,

19. trapshootinkid25

I was not sure if Frankie used the 3 drams or 2 3/4 drams n e more. It makes sense and I just realized that I indeed meant to say 2 3/4 for singles (not 3). Sorry about that. I shoot the same thing for singles, except 8's and it hits targets as hard or harder than any other shell I have used. I use Nitros for caps and for doubles: 1 Oz 8's first shot and my singles shell for 2nd shot. Also, if you think Frankie is impressive shooting singles, you should see him shoot doubles. He got me out of a slump in doubles early this year and I won my class in doubles at my state shoot. Take care!

Best,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.