1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Harlan Campbell

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by K-EIGHTY, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

I just took Harlan's 2 day clinic (last Thurs. & Fri.). Flat out the best $325 you could possibly invest in your game. I have his instructional DVD's and have watched them at least 10 times, but never really was able to put the final pieces in the puzzle until taking his live class. He is a window into what it's like to be competing with the best in the game (on a daily basis) and winning. If you get the chance to take his class, by all means do.

K-EIGHTY

2. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Good report, But who are you? Might be JR's cousin. Just saying better forhim.

3. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Kemper,

I'm not plugging for Harlan. I took Kay's clinic last year and thoroughly enjoyed it (too). I took away 3-4 tips from Kay that I continue to draw upon when I shoot. Harlan however is totally unique in his approach to the game. It might not be for everyone, but if you open your mind and give it a chance it might totally revamp the way you approach the game. Also, Harlan is not in it for the money...he doesn't sell his DVD's (or anything else) during his classes. I was always a bit skeptical of his system, but after spending 2 days with him, he is the real deal.

K-EIGHTY

4. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Also, not a bad price.

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

If he isn't in it for the money then what??

Don

6. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

To say he isn't in it for the money is to say he is an irresponsible provider for his family. Profit is not a dirty word. I spent much of my adult life in the fishing business, fishing, seminars, books, videos, etc...I was very much in it for the money. I loved my job and had something tangible to offer, but when the money left, so did I...and so would everyone.

Your feeling that you received a great benefit for your dollar is testimony to the belief that Harlan has something worthy to offer at a price you feel is very reasonable. But just because he wasn't hustling or hawking other products, doesn't mean he isn't in it for the money.

7. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

You guys are tough. I meant to say that he isn't in it only for the money. He doesn't sell anything (during his clinics) so as not to detract from the learning environment.

8. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

If he wasn't in it for the money, the clinics would be free it seems.

GNeJ

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'm on the free clinic list......................

10. trapshootin hippie

I'll take post 2.

11. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Contrary to what you might believe, free clinics are not good for the SHOOTER. Why? because unless you have something invested there is no incentive to learn.

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Just kidding Phil...

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

The incentive is attending and learning. Paid for advice is not always the best advice.

I find it amazing when shooters start listing all the different clinics they have gone to. Still searching for the easy way. Obviously they need to invest more because their incentive isn't hagh enough.

Remember the next time someone gives you advice, give him a dollar then you will have incentive to use it.

Don

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Some of the best advice and lessons I've ever received were free! The only time I had to pay was when I forgot what was said for me to do? Sometimes you must pay even for free advice but when you do, it's called a learned experience!

Phil, Harlan, Leo, Kay, Ray and the rest of the great shooters in our game learned what worked well for their abilities! That certainly doesn't mean they all apply the same things in teaching others to shoot well.

One can only learn from others if his mind is open to learning?

Hap

15. dverna

dverna Active Member

One of the real values is having someone watching you shoot who knows what to look for.

One way to get that feedback is to watch yourself on a video - assuming of course you know what to look for.

Don Verna

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I think that the guys giving the clinics should make their DVD's available at the clinics so the person who is there to learn can watch it over and over until it sinks in ... The clinics are in reality a business and the DVD's are part of good business practices for the recall part of it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

I'm one of those idiots who has taken a clinic from several of the current instructors.. I believe you can learn from each and everyone of them. Each one has a different approach and way to teach. I value each and every clinic I have taken.. If I could have my dream clinic I would bring in more then one of the current teachers and have them all pound info into my head, for I am sure what one might miss the others will catch.

In it for the money.. YEP, they are.. but then I'm in it to get the most information possible from each of them. I consider it a fair trade..

In reality.. I'll bet the farm that each and every one of them take great pride in seeing their students go on to shoot great scores. One even took the time to drop me an email telling me they saw I shot well and congratulating me.

18. trapshootin hippie

I am going to disagree with Phil's statement, "unless you have something invested there is no incentive to learn". May be true for some folks, but most of what "little" I know now about trapshooting, I have learned by watching other shooters. Ya just have to know which ones to watch to be able to learn something.

GneJ

19. THALL

THALL Member

K-EIGHTY, I think you are spot on. I have dealt with Harlan as a student & in the business world. Class Act!!! Tim Hall

20. MRMOKI

MRMOKI Member

I also attended a Harlan Campbell session earlier this year, and I wonder how he can justify traveling hundreds of miles each direction paying current gas prices, depreciating his truck, paying for hotels traveling to, during, and traveling home to give the clinic, all the time foregoing any other means of income that he could make at a regular job, while keeping class sizes to six participants so that everyone gets individual instruction. All for one of the lowest fees around providing inside information about how to essentially learn to go out and defeat Harlan Campbell at his own game???? Not to mention a willingness to answer emails and questions when students run into him.

I got my money's worth and more.

IMHO, Jim Lemmons

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

harlan campbell poi

harlan campbell trap tips