1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Harlan Campbell cd

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slayer, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2006
    beautiful northern michigan
    I have been looking at Harlan Campbells cd "trap shooting my way". Some of the points and instruction seem to make a lot of sense. Like the higher hold to keep the gun movement at a minimum. Has anyone on the site had any success following his methods? I'm sort of stuck on 22 and am looking for some new input. Thanks Bill in MI
  2. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Apr 13, 2008
    I bought both of Mr. Campbells cd's and I also really liked the way he says to hold your gun. I hadn't shot trap for over a year, but after watching his singles video I wanted to try his hold point method. I broke 97 targets out of 100. I would recommend his videos to anyone that is serious about improving their trapshooting skills. Neil Swenson
  3. JES

JES Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I agree with Neil, helped alot in seeing the sight picture for target, the eye cam is amazing. A clinic you can watch over and over. Jan Slough
  4. txkpistol

txkpistol TS Member

Feb 9, 2010

I purchased Harlan’s video so I could better understand the game and the mechanics of shooting trap. I’ve adopted Harlan’s style from watching the video and watching him work with my son. I enrolled my son in one of Harlan’s clinics this past March. It was the best $300 I’ve ever spent. To me Harlan’s shooting method and style is very cut and dry because he explains and demonstrates his mechanics of trap shooting so well. It’s easy to follow and we both use the video as our personal coach between shoots. I also work with our local 4-H shooting team and it's an easy style to teach to others.

We combine this wall chart into our 4-H and personal training. It’s a must have item. Go to http://www.learntrapshooting.com It’s a great system. If used correctly you will do gun mounts and movement to the targets. It’s all a dry fire exercise. I have my son do a couple hundred dry fire targets each week. If you do it regular it will put you months ahead of the competition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.