1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Harlan Campbell at the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 8708, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8708

8708 Member

I see this evening that so far this week Harlan has missed four hdc targets, one singles target and one doubles target. So, he's missed six targets out of the 1100 he's shot this week with one more event to go. Simply amazing....

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

8708. Assuming you began shooting in 87 as I did, it is my personal opinion that Campbell possesses the strongest "teachable" techniques available to trap shooters. Those that have taken his clinics and worked on his techniques know to what I refer.

I have taken clinics from many, and yet the basic gun handling and body moves that Harlan espouses can require work to perfect, but once you do trap shooting becomes considerably easier.

And I can spot a Campbell clinic grad from the sidewalk every place I shoot.

3. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I know of one All American who took his son to a Harlan course a few years ago.

Today, that boy is also an All American...

At a shoot, just after after the course, the boy began fidgiting and wanted to change things on his gun, his All American Dad said, "Leave it alone, and do what Mr. Campbell told you to do"..Pretty sound advice from an All American, who by the way, learned from Frank Little.

No doubt that Harlan has respect from his fellow All Americans.

Dave in SC

4. JES

JES Member

Harlan has the respect from most, great shooter, and a gentleman love his DVD's helped me alot!!

5. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

The totals are in, and he missed only 11 targets out of 1200 that he shot (and not shootoff targets either).

6. Fox32

Fox32 Member

He also shot a 698 out of 700 in doubles. No big deal as I could break 698 as well. Of course if I shot at a 1,000 targets....Truly a great shooter and a great person!

7. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

The payouts for the top 3 of the HOA aren't bad either. Congrats.

C Prince

8. Trapboy1957

Trapboy1957 TS Member

Great shooter and guy. Hard to believe with totals and scores like that no event wins during grand week. Shows how tough it is to win. Breaking targets is one thing. Winning shoot-offs is another. Jr

9. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

HMMMMMMMMMM! B/4 ya all say he did not win, better check out the Martins lewis???!!

10. David J Comroe

David J Comroe Active Member

Harlan's not the upstanding gentleman you think he is. He recently chiseled me out of one of those new white Taylormade drivers.

11. Trapboy1957

Trapboy1957 TS Member

Oh he(The badger) is one of those... hand eye can do anything people.Jr

12. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Earned my respect last year when he turned down the chance to be in the $100k shootoff after the young guy was disqualified. I wonder how many of us would have done that?

He had a 990x1000 at Minnesota State shoot.

13. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

A fellow All American made this comment to me the night after Harlan was in 3 different shootoffs, with the last one for doubles at 1:30 am in the morning, where he shot a 17. "At least we know he is human", after he lost. However, the next day, Harlan posts a 99 in handicap and runs the doubles. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever find in our sport and there is no doubt about his talent with a shotgun. Just wish he could learn to putt and chip better!

14. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

2006 Grand American - after one of the doubles shootoffs we returned to our car behind the vendor buildings. He was at his vehicle putting his stuff up as we were backing out. He stopped what he was doing and made sure nobody was coming from my blind side and then motioned for me to back up.

That might not mean a whole lot to some but it meant a whole lot to me. Sometimes it is the little things that count.

Ture gentleman and a class act.

His momma raised him right!

FRedmon

15. David J Comroe

David J Comroe Active Member

Steve,

Those are my wedges he 'borrowed' three years ago he is chipping with....does he need another lesson? This is important information as I'm planning on making some of my money back from him next week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

harlan campbell grand