1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hardware for adjustable comb?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rbmtrap, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

Recently purchased a used Perazzi stock with adjustable comb posts that are too long - at lowest position still a 1" gap between comb and gun. Any ideas or suggestions about getting, or making, replacement posts that are shorter? I'd like to keep the current ones intact if possible and get/make two new posts, but need suggestions on where/how.

Thanks!
    rbmtrap

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

If the hardware is original Perazzi you can call Giocomo Sporting in New York (best choice), or Perazzi in California (worst). Giocomo probably has them in stock.

If it's not original Perazzi hardware, you are on your own, but it shouldn't be too much trouble to fabricate a pair yourself.

3. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Check Brownells.

4. rbmtrap

rbmtrap Member

Thanks all. Don't know the origin of the comb - the quality of the work including the hardware is outstanding, but as it's a soft comb, I'm assuming aftermarket.

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

contact greg hissem

greghissemstockworks.com

he'll make you whatever you need for a VERY reasonable price.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Bring the posts to a local machine shop. Or if you have a friend with a lathe, he should be able to help you out. HMB

7. jhoward

jhoward Member

I recently had the same issue, although the gap wasn't as large. From the suggestions of folks here, I used a Dremel tool to cut the posts and bolts down to the length I wanted.

8. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

If you don't have any luck finding a machine shop or some other way to cut them down, I'd be happy to do it for you. Just email me if interested. Josh

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Much of the aftermarket hardware comes from Graco. I would check there for replacement posts.

HM

10. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Depending on how your posts are mounted, I might measure the dia., go to the hardware store and buy a bolt/bolts, cut the head/heads off to make my own.

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

make your own adjustable comb hardware

perrazi replacement adjustable comb hardware