1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hardest straight to break?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Scootermac50, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

For those of you that have done it all, which leg of the grand slam was most difficult? 100 Doubles, 200 singles or 100 in the caps from the 27?

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the person. I still have the Handicap to go and the best there, was last year at the MT State Shoot. I may never make it, altho according to some of the more outspoken people on this site, we have made it so easy all of us should do it sooner or later.

Some of my personal friends broke their last remaining with me on the squad. Maybe there is hope for me yet? Or am I just someone else's good luck charm?

Rick in Mt.

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

The next one

4. NintyT

NintyT Member

It was hdcp for me. I'm always surprised when someone says sgls or dbls was thie toughest!

5. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Rick,shoot for the 100,not the money or the trophy even though you may be playing those. Concentrate on that. I don't know but it may help. Tom from Hamilton.

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

The next one

7. NintyT

NintyT Member

It was hdcp for me. I'm always surprised when someone says sgls or dbls was thie toughest!

8. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Rick,shoot for the 100,not the money or the trophy even though you may be playing those. Concentrate on that. I don't know but it may help. Tom from Hamilton.

9. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Your logic is off. All you have to do to make it to the 27 is walk there. The OP said nothing about registered targets.

The hardest straight is the one that comes out straight in front of you. That is the most missed target in Trap.

10. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

The first 200 bird singles event I ever shot in I ran them. So that part of my grand slam was easy. The doubles was next, ran 100 straight in them about two years later. I've ran a 100 straight a couple of times in handicap just not from the 27. One was from the 25 (registered) and one was from the 26 (practice). I've been having trouble shooting good doubles and handicap scores with my current set up, thinking about some serious changes.

11. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Broke my first 100 in doubles in 75, first 200 in 76 and it was 08 for the handicap. I guess it was the handicap for me.

Seriously, I think generally its the handicap for most of the grand slammers as everything done wrong close, magnifies itself at the back.

12. dverna

dverna Active Member

If we are to believe what comes from the work Dr. Jones has done, pattern density makes the 27 yd line 100 a matter of both skill and a bit of luck.

Don Verna

13. ric3677

Tom,

I don't play the money..so that's not part of the problem. The trophy is not part of it either...you either win or lose. It's not like I go to a shoot for the trophy. I used to do that, but not anymore.

Rick in MT

14. Carl Chadwell

Carl Chadwell TS Member

The last leg of my Grand Slam was a 100x100 from the 27 yard line on 9/3/1995. I broke it on 3-hole targets, hand-set, with a human puller. I wanted to point this out in case Dr. Longshot is monitoring...lol

peace.

15. ric3677

I was leadoff on the Squad when Stringer ran his 100 in Handicap at Helena trap club on wore out Winchesters. He also had a bunch of slow pulls due to a bad voice call. I was also on leadoff when he broke the 100 in Dbles at the MT state shoot later.

But I too think the Handicap is the hardest.

Rick in Mt.

Nice shooting Carl. But will the Dr give you his blessing?

16. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Easy answer for me.... I've got two 100s from the 27.... ten 100s in doubles.... and nine 199/200 in singles, (no 200s)!

Walt

17. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Carl, You have my blessing. Don't worry about Dr Longshot. I still need my handicap. Best I can do is 99 with 4 of them.
    Chris Teeters (aka Dr Teeters) the new Dr in town..lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.