1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hardest 25 straight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

What was your hardest 25 straight to obtain.

For me it was at the "5 Stand". The local club changes it every 2 weeks and the setter is a little on the sadistic side. He'll humble you in a friendly manor.

As far as Trap goes, it took me longer to shoot 25 straight from the 16 yd line than it did from the 25 yd line. For some reason I'm more comfortable at distance.

I ran my first 25 pair at doubles shortly after I ran my first 25 at singles.

My first 25 at Skeet took a bit because of the fine tuning of my mechanics. I never realized that my stance would affect my swing so much.

I haven't tried any bunker yet. I'm sure that it will be a humbling experience as well.
    ss

2. fishguts

fishguts Member

The first one...1964, bolt-action mossberg with a 3lb. Poly Choke hanging off the end of the barrel......

Wayne

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Last 25 of my 1st 200 straight.

Curt

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

25 straight on a wobble trap at 25 yards.

Hauxfan!

5. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

My hardest was a 25 from the 27 yard line during practice (I was a 23 yd shooter at the time)......

Jim C

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I'm still trying to run the last 25 of my 200. I've come up short 3 times so far. Twice it was the same target, 183rd. I didn't know it till I checked my notes. The other time it was the 186th target.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Shooting 25 straight live birds. But, if you can do it, you would get a big pile of cash.

Pat Ireland

8. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Pikes Peak Gun Club==30mph North wind.....GOOD LUCK

9. Mr. D

Mr. D Member

I will have to get back with on that one as I'm still trying to get my first 25.

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I have a tie...the 25 straight I had to run to get a 96 in handicap and get punched to the 25 yard line...and the last 25 on my one and only (so far) 100 straight in singles...

11. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I would have to go with the first for me ever shoot off, I was so excited my fingers where tingling, and and birds 11 to 20 where the wurst, heart palpatations and hyberventalating, "what a rush"!

AND then to find that the third place trophy was the one I had dreamed of for years(a leather shooting bag), while the 2nd place is a pitcher.

Al

12. FormerMarine

FormerMarine Member

My 8 year old son Ryan's first.

We figure over 10k targets to finally run them. I think it was the hardest for him and me!

13. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think the 5th 25 on the way to 200 was the hardest. Takes a little bit to settle back in after the break from the 1st 100.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shooting 25 straight in trap