1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hard to break open 686 white onyx

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DentyneIce, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DentyneIce

DentyneIce TS Member

Hey all, I just purchased a new 686 beretta white onyx sporting but am having to muscle it open. I've tried using beretta oil, hoppes #9 oil, and some mec 9000 collet grease (only grease lubricant i have right now). Is there any way to make the opening smooth to open? I plan on catching the shells in my hand after they auto eject out but have to struggle each time.

2. NJ ExPat

NJ ExPat TS Member

What type of shells are you shooting? Some of the "cheaper" new shells and reloads can have issues with the brass. I think it may expand a little, causing sticking and difficulty opening. If you are shooting reloads, make sure the brass has been resized.

3. mag410

mag410 Active Member

New Berettas Over/Unders are all tight. It will "loosen" up with use. You will have better leverage which will make it easier to open if you trap the stock under your armpit, pull up wit the shooting hand, push down with the off hand.

Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 686 hard to open