1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hard-Shell Case for K80 Trap Special O/U?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bluedsteel, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Has anyone found a decent fitted hardshell case that will accommodate a Krieghoff K-80 Trap Special Over/Under with 32" barrels? I don't think such a thing exists. I know the Pelican cases will probably work, but I was thinking something more on the lines of a fitted case like the Guerini shotguns or the Beretta shotguns are supplied with.

I have the combo, but I mostly use the O/U configuration, and toting the 40-lb + Americase is getting to be too heavy. The Americase is a wonderful case, but it is more than I need for going to and from the range.

If anyone has found something that works, I would appreciate hearing about it. Please recall that the Trap Special has the high rib.

Thanks!

bluedsteel

2. Ted

Ted TS Member

I bought a Guerini case from a friend and it works great for my combo. I wanted a case for every day use that wasn't as heavy as the Americase. You can buy them from the Guerini web page. Ted

3. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Ted;

The hard-shell case on the Guerini website looks somewhat promising. It appears that the forend remains on the barrels when placed in the case. In the Americase, ther forend is stored in a separate compartment. Do you store your K80 in the Guerini case with the forend on the barrels?

Thanks.

bluedsteel

4. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

MIA has nice cases, but I have been unable to determine if they will fit a Krieghoff K80 Trap Special.

bluedsteel

5. AEP

AEP Member

I purchased a Perrazi case for my Kolar combo. My combo has 34" high ribbed single, and 32" double. They fit good. Much lighter than Americase.

If I was flying I would not use the Perazzi case. The Americase is better.

MIA sells the case who sells/mfg's the cases for Perazzi, however, they are not the same case. Very close but I feel the Perazzi case is better. Not in the way it is constructed, but in the interior lay-out.

Either way you go I'm sure you would be happy. You will be real happy when you go and pick it up. It's about 10-15 lbs lighter than Americase.

Good Luck,
    Andy

6. Smiley

Smiley Member

Try BF cases they will make a custom to suit

7. Ted

Ted TS Member

I leave the forearm on the single barrel while in the case. Saved the Americase for airline travel. Ted

8. Ted

Ted TS Member

I leave the forearm on the single barrel while cased. Saved the Americase for airline travel. Ted

9. mflora

mflora Member

Like many others on this Forum I have had numerous Nasco, Colorado and Americase cases. All great cases. But, like others, I no longer want to lug a 25# case around w/ even one gun in it, let alone two, unless I am flying. I have two John Hall cases which I treat as fine wine and will redo the interiors someday when needed. Why doesn't someone make a similar injection molded case? These things sell in minutes when they come up.
    Mark

10. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Ted;

I assume your Guerini shotgun is a high-rib model? If you have a combo, will the O/U fit in the case?

Mark;

I don't understand why these are not more available either. It has been a frustrating search.

Bluedsteel

11. Ted

Ted TS Member

I have a K-80 trap special with high rib. NOT the pro rib. It all fits in to the Guerini case. I think they are about $200 from Guerini. T

12. cotrshooter

cotrshooter Member

Wolf Creek custom gun cases. He will make what you want for a good price.
    719-388-3811 (Manny)

13. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I just got my K-gun mailing... it looks like the K-80 Special Trap case costs about 12k.....

All good!

Guy B.

14. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Thanks Ted!

bluedsteel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.