1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hard done by in ozz ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JONNY D, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

if you think your local dealer is geting into you on price try living in ozz, orderd a 391 tekney trap 8 month ago, just got to australia, waited 5 month for aprovel to licence it, now it has to come through customs with aterney genarals aprovel, the cost a mere $4350,00 aust!!! not bad a, the lucky country.

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

What trapshooterjoe said!! Jake

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

What ever happened to those "Tuff Aussie's" from yesteryear?

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Somewhere out there is video footage of chop saws going through expensive shotguns when they put their law in.

I saw it once and was sick for 3 days.

HM

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

If the US attorney general had to approve a 391 acquisition would cost a lot more than 4350.

6. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

halfmile when we had our buy back here in western australia they cut up two of my custom cosmis 50grands worth but they did pay me full price for the privalige of doing it, we couldnt even keep the wood as it was ( part there of ),along with them went two very nice custom superX winchesters,still at last i have another auto.

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jonny, Congrats on the new 39l auto. May you two become life long mates a. Hope I said it right. Kidding aside, just what is the going exchange right now between US dollar and the Australian dollar??? Shoot well and often. Break-em all. Jeff

8. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

jeff its about 90c to the dollar your way, so the gun will be about $4,000.00us when i get it out of customs.and yer no you did get it right mate a.my next move is to try and work out what spare parts im going to need so i can import them, as there is nothing here now!

9. macaw8

macaw8 TS Member

from k80 to a berreta

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jonny, Thank You for the info. Its a shame the goverments have to get involved. But at least your shooten again. Best of Luck on your new parts list, sorry I can't help you there. I've never owned one YET!!! Good Day Mate. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.