1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hard chrome Ljutic receiver, recommendations ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bridger, Dec 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

Mahovsky's Metalife has done a couple of guns for me. Excellent work, reasonable cost and turnaround, about 5 weeks as I recall but that was a few years ago.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Keystone,

This is the man for the job! Just do a search and you'll see what I mean.

Doug Braker.
    Doug's Gunsmith Shop, 3929 8th St SW, Backus, MN 56435.218-947-3600,
    http://dougsgunsmithshop.com/

ss

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I had lost my contact info for Mahovsky's, so thanks for the reference. Here is the rub. When I went on the web site, they will not receive guns from CA. They do great work...but, I am pissed. What logic is it that would not allow gun parts from CA to be worked on.

JON

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I had Mark Armstrong, owner of A&A Engraving here in Rapid City SD, do a satin hard chrome on one of my Perazzi receivers.

Mark's company is the one that makes most of the commemoratives you see for sale in the NRA magazines on their inside covers: The Richard Petty, Dale Ernhart's, etc.

He reluctantly did it thinking the chrome might change the receiver's characteristics. He told me that the chrome put lots of stress on the metal and he was unsure of what that would do to the function of the gun.

I still shoot this gun particularly for 27 yards and the chrome finish almost looks like a satin silver finish, and looks today like it did the day I picked it up. It has stood the test of time and am thoroughly glad I had this done.

Unfortunately, he is just too busy making the commemoratives to do any more. He did this as a friendship thing initially.

If Doug Braker can do it, I would not hesitate one second to ask him to have it done. IMHO.

Whiz White

5. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Hey Chiefjon,

Come on out to Tucson for one of the AZ winter chain shoots. look me up, I have access to one of the better Plating shops in the country!

Reasonable prices fast turn around!

Al Lingham

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.