1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hard angles lost to 'waltz time'?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Billster, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billster

Billster TS Member

Thinking out loud about two 'losts' since Sunday league. Calm, windless day. On one round going into post 5 had about 7 straighaways or slight angles in a row. Machine-like shooting. 'Pull-two-bang' (like '1-2-3'rhythm). THEN the hard right came and ended up popping the trigger on '3'. The rhythm was still in my head yet the gun wasn't out there near the target yet. 'Lost!'. Immediate question in my kopf "why did I do that?". Then to post 1...three straightaways...1, 2, bang x 3...then hard left target...1, 2, bang...LOST!. Damn! Gotta get rid of the rhythm thing.

The non-shooters will never understand the grueling intricacies of this head game. Lordy.

Cheers
    Bill

2. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Just about the time you get 3/4 time figured out you get one in 4/4. Man it's a tough game.........LOL............Roger

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Never dance to the Waltz. Shoot to your time, unless the other dancers are paying for you to shoot.

4. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Thanks for handing it to me with those two misses, Bill.

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

The time to fire is when the sight picture is correct, not "when it seems like the right time to fire".

Rollin

6. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Sounds like another form of anticipation to me. It takes a lot of mental discipline to treat each target as a new and unique experience.

I was broken of the habit by someone who noticed I was holding high and looking low and was chasing streaks instead of pointing at targets. He had me switch...hold lower, look higher, catch the target's appearance with my peripheral vision but keep the gun still until the target was a clear image. It changed my timing and improved my scores.

Morgan

7. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Biff,,,he shoots a BT-99,,,,been trying to get him to try my Beretta

8. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

It's not waltz time for me...........it's just....That by the time I get to the target.....My gun is empty.....

9. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

Hey TWO DOG'S, how are you doing??

10. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Keep repeating "See the target...break the target".

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

What Capt. Morgan said! This really helps me, since I am cross dominant. With the GUN!!!! LOL

12. Billster

Billster TS Member

Finally found this thread again. Things get buried quick around here. Thanks for replies. The FRUSTRATION is I'm aware of the timing trap yet fall into it. Usually starts happening on the fourth round...little bit of head fatigue?

Billy's right. BT-99. Don't worry - next setup might be 682 unsingle combo. Till then - still broke.

Cheers
    Bill

13. Billster

Billster TS Member

LMAO Two Dogs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.