1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HAPPY ROBERT E LEE AND STONEWALL JACKSON DAY.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

This day was the day for Robert E Lee and Stonewall Jackson. It still is as far as I'm concern. Happy Robert E Lee and Stonewall Jackson Day.

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thank you Auctioneer and the same to you. I feel the same. Exact dates, Lee on the 19th, and Stonewall the 21st. Bulge.

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Maybe we should have a Patrick Henry Day, he speech or statement, "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" had a way more profound & important effect that "I Have A Dream"

Phil Berkowitz

4. Auctioneer

My family fought against the NORTHERN AGGRESSION. Happy Robert E Lee and Stonwall Jackson Day.

5. Auctioneer

6. notarget

notarget TS Member

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Let's all raise our whiskey glasses in a toast to 2 of the finest men this country ever produced.

Salute

8. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Seems January the SCV and other Southerners celebrate General's Lee and Jackson and poor old "Pete" Longstreet, Lee's warhorse is overlooked, tis a shame, salute to General's Longstreet, Jackson and Lee... and if you want, you can even salute, old George Pickettg, also born in January..

Van

9. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Your a bunch of crackers, too stupid to realize that you were fighting and dying for the rights of slave owners. Its said that if there is one slave we are all in risk of being enslaved but your too dumb to get it. The only reason to be proud of a loosing effort to enslave humans is pure stupidity. Bruce

10. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Those boy are proud of their heritage, Cracker Americans,Mexican Americans,Afro Americans,ect. When will it ever stop...............GOOD LUCK

11. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Bruce,
    Google the "Corwin Ammendment, the 2nd 13th Ammendment and see what those "rich" Northerners in Congress thought of slavery along with the "Father Abraham who wanted all the states to ratify it. Also, do you even know where the term "Cracker" comes from?

12. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

No disrespect to the memories of generals Lee and Jackson but today is Dr. King's holiday.

On the cusp of King Day it was announced that 90 of the 508 Frasyer High School's female students (Memphis, TN) are either pregnant or have given birth this school year. That's a whopping 18% or about one in five.

The teen pregnancy rate in predominantly black South Memphis is an astounding 25%.

If Dr. King was alive today in Memphis - instead of having been murdered there 40 odd years ago - he would be 82. I have to believe he would have something to say about 18 to 25% teen pregnancy rates. My guess is that it would involve the "content of their character".

sissy

13. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Be that as it may, I would admit that there were bigots all over the country at that time. We have the benefit of the perspective of time. To celebrate enslavement of any human or the government or the people who fought for it takes real ignorance and an evil hart. Yes, "Father Abraham" (which is a tell as to where your leanings are,bigot) did not start off seeing the error of the country's ways but by divine providence came to see the injustice of it. Are you an American first or a southerner first? As to the origin of the term cracker, it doesn't matter, what matters is it current usage, a mean, bigoted white person, that it comes from the food of poor white settlers of the south is not important now. Your cause was evil at worst, unpatriotic at best and you lost. Hanging on to it now is the act of a "Cracker", crackers!
    Proud to be an American, freedom and justice for all! Bruce

14. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Recoil Sissy, and your point is? What does the statistics you have quoted have to do with the message of Dr. King? Bruce

15. Auctioneer

1BRUCEM, The Civil War was not about slavery but about NORTHERN AGGRESSION. Northen aggression was the north coming down and trying to tell us what to do and how to do it. The was not about slaves but aggession from the north.

Who were the first slave owners in this world? Do you know? What is a cracker? If you want to TRY and insult us then you should know the meaning about the name word your thowing at us means. It does matter because you first have to know what it means. WHAT IS A CRACKER?

Just to inform you Blacks Slaves did fight along side FREELY AND WILLINGLEE to force back the northerns. In other words they fought on the SOUTHERN SIDE. That is in the history book also.

Wed is Robert E Lee's Birthday and Fri is Stonewall Jacksons Birthday. Happy Birthday to two great men.

16. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Bruce, Lincolns emancipation of the slaves was not necessarily a kind thing. It was an opportunity. He used the Emancipation as a Political tool during the war. Read your history, and if you don't like to read buy or rent The Civil War by Ken Burns(a documentary). It was put out by PBS. Very informative you may learn some facts about slavery and the Civil War. By the way slavery was started in Africa when warring tribes captured the opposing tribes they would sell the captured people to mainly the Spanish and Portugese who in turn sold them. We as a nation did take advantage of that situation and used them as cheap labor. Bulge.

17. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

1brucem

Dr. King’s message was about freedom, justice, and equal rights (specifically racial equality) for black Americans. Maybe you and I can agree King’s overarching theme was the betterment of black America.

Here’s a selection of arguably relevant quotes from Dr. King’s famous (I Have a Dream) speech delivered on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in August of 1963.

“… the Negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity.”

“In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds.”

“We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline.”

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”

You asked, “What does (op. cit.) the statistics you have quoted have to do with the message of Dr. King?”

Well here it is…

High-risk behaviors have an enormously adverse effect on youth and the broader society.

Indiscriminant procreation among unmarried adolescents is among the worst of the risk factors because it so frequently leads to other high risk behaviors and ultimately devastating problems. Prominent among those are lack of education (drop outs), perpetual unemployment, poverty, substance abuse, acute and chronic health problems (including STDs), gang participation, crime, incarceration, and early violent death.

My point?

Almost fifty years after Dr. King’s Speech and the subsequent passage of the Equal Rights Act, these high risk behaviors are absolutely epidemic among urban black youth. The stats I quoted were merely help quantify the extent of the problem in specific Memphis populations and locations.

I think Dr. King had better things in mind for black America. I think he would look at these dysfunctional adolescents and their dysfunctional families and find character content to be lacking. I believe he would be reinforcing the message of work, dignity, and self discipline within the context of his religious faith. I absolutely think he would be working for better things.

Paraphrasing another famous phrase, ‘I hold these truths to be self evident’. Don’t you Bruce??

sissy

PS: FWIW, the abysmal outcomes resulting from engaging in risk factors are equal opportunity and color blind. They apply to every population of every ethnic heritage and background located anywhere and everywhere in the world.

18. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Sissy, excellent presentation. Bulge.

19. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Let me first admit that I'm a Yankee, and I agree with Auctioneer that the American Civil War was not about the 'slavery issue'. However, I disagree with him that the War 'was about Northern Agression'. It was about preserving the Union! Putting aside the Constitutionality of the War, does anyone, Northerner or Southerner, think that 'We the People' would have been collectively better served if there had been two American countries instead of one?

LA in MA (American first, Yankee second)

20. Auctioneer

The History Channel did a show about MLK and he was no saint. He was very mean and disrespectful to the people around him. He had his people go out and bring to his hotel room ladies of the night. His march's were not that peaceful either.

Barrelbulge, you are correct on the fact the blacks started the slave trade. I was hoping 1brucem was going to try to answer that one. But he still has the other question to answer. What is a cracker?????? Let 1brucem answer that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.