1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Here's hoping everybody (well, almost everybody) a happy, healthy, prosperous and successful shooting year during TY11.

My wife Aline and I registered a combined 19,800 targets during TY10--wow! We had a blast and can't wait to start it all over again this weekend.

Let's see.... 20,000 shells divided by 250/flat equals "just" 80 flats. If I start in earnest when the weather gets really iffy here in central Maryland, say November, through the start of the good weather--typically April, that gives me 6 whole months to get them reloaded.

80 flats divided by 6 months ciphers out to:

13.333 flats/mo

3.3325 flats/wk

.476 flats/day.

I'd better get a head start!!

All the best,

Guy Babin

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Same to you "Guy". Are you singing 'Auld Lang Syne' ? LOL---Matt

3. shark1

shark1 Member

Happy New Year to you too. I hope you own a Spolar becuase reloading with any thing else will be a mojor job for the numbers listed. Mike Sharkey, DC

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Guy, happy New Year to you too.

When I was shooting alot I would do as you are planning to do. The day after Christmas I would start loading for the spring. I would "have to" load at least 100 a day, every day until the 1st of March. Usually I would load during the nightly news. When it came on it was time to go to the basement and load. Most days I did more than my min.

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

So you'd think Vern....

Aline does help however beyond emptying shells, which she is especially proficient at. She works the hull inspection, resizing and marking station, and is an expert post production QC checker and boxer-upper.

Mike,

Our operation is mechanized (minimally) for the time being by a MEC 650 non-indexing right bicep exercise machine.

It's funny you ask because just this Sunday an old friend of mine asked over an after-league cold beer why I used a 650; stating he'd never known me to be "cheap" before. After a quick reset following the cheap bastard comment, I firmly informed my opinionated friend that the next round was on him--and I wanted a JD on the rocks instead of beer.

I really do enjoy the start of a new target year--a chance to make improvement and grow. Boy do I need to grow!

Guy

6. Greg LV

Greg LV Member

Does anyone have a Spolar for sale? Looking for a good used one before buying a new one. For two reasons to help a fellow shooter sell theirs and may be save a few bucks.

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

Guy all the best to both of you in TY2011. Hope to shoot with you again in the new Target year both in VA and MD.

--- Chip King ---

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Guy,

You guys gonna shoot the MSSA Handicap shoot at Millington this weekend?

Curt

9. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

We'll be there Curt, set up next to the dumpster near the squad board just like during the States. Come by.

Chip... we'll take you up on that my friend.

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

See you there on Sunday....gonna do a cub scout thing with my grandson on Saturday.

Shoot well.

Curt

11. laura!

laura! Member

A happy new year to you two! I'm glad to see that nowhere in your numbers did you start figuring out how much $ you have actually spent pursuing the sport that you love. I hate it when Steve does that - I don't want to know. Ignorance really is bliss!

12. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Aline is the same Laura...., I do have the figures however, but they are proprietary.

Me

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, when earning the extra, it's discretionary. When spending it, it becomes proprietary. I like it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.