1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy New Year from Utah

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by shotgunr47, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunr47

shotgunr47 Member

I'd like to extend a very Happy New Year to all my fellow Utah shooters who I respect and admire very much. Also to all here on TS.Com that I read about and feel I know better than I really do. I don't post much unless I buy something or on special occasions such as this but I consider myself a part of the best people anyone could hope for. Happy New Year Everyone!!

Jeff Jolley (shotgunr47)

2. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Thank you and I wish you all the same. GOOD LUCK

3. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

All the best to you and yours. Happy New Year

Ken Cerney

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Happy New Year to you also, Jeff. We hope to see you at Pocatello again this year.

Larry Ford

5. magnaguy

magnaguy TS Member

Hi Jeff. Where do you shoot? I'm pretty new to trap shooting but I am having fun in a league shoot held at the Magna Gun Club. (Just outside of Salt Lake)

6. shotgunr47

shotgunr47 Member

magnaguy: I live in Tooele and am a member of Tooele gun club. Magna is a great club with fantastic people.- Jeff

7. Vernal Rod & Gun

Vernal Rod & Gun Active Member

Hey Jeff, Happy New Year to you. Man It's cold here in Vernal(at least for a So Cal boy) but that will help us appreciate the warmer months all the more. Good luck to all this year. Sean Hawley

8. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

How long is the drive from SLC to Vernal?

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Happy new year, Jeff.

10. runningute

runningute TS Member

Happy New Year to my friends in Utah. I am new to the site and was a long time shooter at Holiday Gun Club. I now shoot most often at the Great Salt Lake Gun Club (at Lee-Kay Center) but recently shot a few rounds at the Magna Gun Club. I must say that the guys at Magna were very friendly.
    I would love to learn more about tournaments, etc. from my Utah friends.

11. shotgunr47

shotgunr47 Member

Hey Sean, good to hear from you. Vernal does get mighty cold as you well know by now and it'll sure be nice when it warms up so I can be there again for the great shoots Vernal and the gang put on. Can't beat it or the food either.

N.J.BOB: I love about 35 minutes outside of Salt Lake and it takes me about 4 hours to drive to Vernal. It's a pleasant, scenic drive for the most part though.

Recurvy: Thank you for the well wishes. You definitely add so much to this site and I for one read everything I can of what you write, even though I don't say much. I've been here on TS.com for over 3 years now and most everyone feels like close friends or family and I've met many on here at shoots around the western zone area. I'm not a new shooter, started in 1975, but kinda new to doing this type of thing on the internet but I've gained a lot of knowledge from it. As PerazziBigBore would say(and I'm sorry he has gone)"all good"..

runningute: keep going to the clubs and ask questions. You'll learn everything you'll need to know.
    pocatello: Larry, I'll be there. I had a great time with you guys last year.

Jeff

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Maybe we'll meet this year. I'll be moving to Kansas in August, so the Western shoots will be a little closer.

13. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Congrads on having the #1 College Football Team. Utah is a happening place. Allen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.