1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy New Year from India

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tuscarora 99, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Happy New Year to everyone from Osker and Oskerspap from India. What a crazy place, makes me truly appreciate the States. Though crazy, it is also very interesting. We're having a wonderful time here, but am looking forward to the 18th when we touch back down at Dulles. See everyone real soon, and good luck to everyone in the tri-state league. Go tuscarora!

Sincerely, Osker and his dad Dave.

Smoke 'em all......................

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I love India, especially Hyderabad, Kutch, and Jaipur. Where are you in India?

3. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Hey recurvey.................We are in New Delhi as of this posting,but we are going to Agra(Osker never seen the Taj),Goa(which I love)for 3,or 4 days,then back to Delhi.This country has changed alot in the past 20 years ,or so.......,and not for the better.It is truly a different world than from what we are accustomed to.Really wild!But,I think you know that already.Take care of all those clay birds while we are gone.......would ya.

D.P.Reynolds

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

While you are over there could you check and see if all the hotel/motels are ran by somebody by the name of Smith?

And if you could, ask if all the Seven-Elevens and Dairy Queens are owned by Americans??

Happy New Year

5. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

Hi Guys,

You missed a good Shoot today at Greencastle, temps was in the 40's but a stiff breeze in the afternoon kept it interesting.

Next week New Ox...wooo hoooo

Be Safe,

Scott

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I must admit, if I never go back to India, it'll be too soon.

Partly because I hate Indian food and hate anything with curry in it.

And, while I was there, I found almost nothing remotely appealing about the country, and almost everything I saw was incredibly UN-appealing.

But I did thoroughly enjoy my visit to the Taj Mahal. Its an amazing place.

You're right, though. Visiting places like that makes you appreciate how good it is in the USA.

Enjoy your stay.

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Well, I differ from you all. I've lived there, and I love it. Not love it like the USA, but I still love it.

I love the different foods in different regions, the precise engineering that went into some of the structures, the tapestries and textiles, the jewelry, the temple dances, the music. How can you go there and not like the forts, temples, palaces, and cooling stations? The amazing number of different languages and cultures keep me fascinated as well.

Different strokes for different folks. For ancient history buffs, this place is a mecca!

By the way, if you two are still there, could you try to pick me up a couple of stainless steel tongue scrapers? I'm serious. Thanks. I'll be in Maryland in a couple of weeks.

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

A health hint...don't drink from the Ganges river...unless you're really constipated

9. oskerspap12

Recurvy................

We will be more than happy to get you some tongue scrappers.If you need anything else........please ask.......be more than glad to oblige you........
    When we get back on the 18th of this month,just give Ozzie a call(240-422-2312),and we can connect.

D.P.Reynolds

10. oskerspap12

Howdy Bisi,
    You know something..............I can't find any Smiths,or for that matter.......I can't find any 7/11's either.......YUKYUK
    Smoke 'em all

D.P.Reynolds

11. mooney

mooney Member

Can you bring back an application for a position with Delta Airlines Customer Service Dept? Mooney

12. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

India is an incredible place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.