1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Happy Holiday" from MEC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leadvail, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadvail

leadvail Member

Just got an "Happy Holidays" greeting from MEC. Guess they don't want me to have a Merry Christmas.

Ever see a santa saying "HAPPY HOLIDAY EVERYONE", HO HO HO

Bob

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

There are a few people besides you xtians that celebrate this time of year -

3. WGB

WGB Member

Yup, get over it. They may have wanted to be inclusive to others who celebrate something different than you.

But since it is Chistmas also, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Samhain, Winter Solstice and all the rest.

4. leadvail

leadvail Member

Yeah, Your right... I will just go plug in the Holiday lights and sit by the Holiday tree and read my Holiday cards and hope I get lots of Holiday presents on Holiday morning

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I'm guessing if their email upset you that much, they'd happily oblige if you requested to be removed from their mailing list.

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They want to take Christ out of Christmas now a days, but not me.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. leadvail

leadvail Member

Nah, Iam guessing some were naughty and are upset they didn't get one.

Bob

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

My MEC 9000E works just fine. I do not need a card.

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Lets see I am in my sixties and as my memory serves me correctly the term Happy Holidays has been around ever since I was a child. Long before the term became a political hot potato.

So why does everyone make a major issue of it? If it is ignored it will go away. Of course if everyone keeps feeling pissed off because of it. It will stay on for many years to come.

Bob Lawless

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Didn't some guy named Andy Williams have a hit song with that name a few years ago?

11. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I don't feel offended with Merry Christmas--Happy Hanukkah--etc. as long as it's expressed with good intentions. I do say Merry Christmas unless I know the person I'm talking with would find it offensive. Ross Puls

12. djldb6

djldb6 Member

Happy Holidays

Dan

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Amen, One Nation Under God, Merry Christmas etc. etc. is under attack from all sides, from a few? Our Constitution grants us (Freedom OF religion and certainly not freedom FROM religion). Separation of church and state means the states can't force one to adopt any religious sect in our country! Happy Holidays has been around as long as I can remember and is nothing more than a cumulation of celebrated holidays. We should thank God and our Constitution for everyone of them! To anyone wanting freedom FROM such religious festivities is welcome to migrate to some shit hole third world country that does offer such protection! Our country is and was founded on the Christian principles, if that offends you, leave!

Hap

14. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

With two young children and with tons of things going on, I dont make it to church as much as I should, and I hear about it from my inlaws all the time. Then I walk out of church with them and hear, "Can you believe Sally wore that to church?", or "Did you see how much weight Sally gained? She looks terrible", or "Did you hear that so and so was cheating on so and so". Saying Merry Christmas and going to church doesn't make you a good person. Its your intentions and actions that make you a good person. MEC going out of their way to say Happy Holidays, which includes all of their customers, is a nice gesture and should be treated as such. I am pretty sure if i brought this subject up to my pastor he would agree. My guess is he would be upset to see a christian complain about somebody elses good intentions. Be happy you got a thoughtful card. Beretta or Remington didnt send me squat.

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"To anyone wanting freedom FROM such religious festivities is welcome to migrate to some shit hole third world country that does offer such protection!"

Hap I think there is room enough for everyone whether they are Christian or not. I just don't want them telling me I must say one thing over another. That would start to infringe upon my first amendment rights from both ends.

So if I say Merry Christmas and someone doesn't like it, I figure that is their problem and has nothing to do with me.

BTW Merry Christmas to all!!!!

Bob Lawless

16. hose 'em down

hose 'em down Active Member

Way to go MEC. Thanks for the email and Christmas wishes

Ernie

17. fishguts

fishguts Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS Mec, I like your loaders.....

Wayne

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Bob, people are free to make any decisions they want concerning this matter! Those wanting everything that makes America great banned is ridiculous at best. They are free to move to any country they wish that offers banned everything, I'd even offer a ticket or two also!!

Merry Christmas to everyone this holiday season!

Hap

19. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Ho! Ho! Ho!

ahab_2008_0303103.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.