1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy fathers day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by PNT, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PNT

PNT Member

Before I was a Dad:
    I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
    I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
    I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Dad
    I had never been puked on.
    Pooped on.
    Chewed on.
    Peed on.
    I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
    I slept all night.

Before I was a Dad
    I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
    Or give shots. I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
    I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Dad
    I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put them
    down.
    I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop
    the hurt.
    I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
    I never knew that I could love someone so much.
    I never knew I would love being a Dad, more than anything.

Before I was a Dad -
    I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
    I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
    I didn't know that bond between a father and his child.
    I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Dad -
    I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to
    make sure all was okay.
    I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the
    wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Dad.
    I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Dad.

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

PNT, Thank you very much for posting. Sometimes as time goes by I forget about the good times of being a father. Sometimes I wish I had been different as a young father but have realized I can't change those times but I can be the best Father I know how now. I am better equipped as a Grandfather for it. Hope you all HAVE A WONDERFUL FATHERS DAY! Jackie B.

3. copper

copper Member

Well me and my wife went out to lunch and talked about the boys now grown men. How the oldest Adam would lay against the sliding door and cry if I cut the lawn with the tractor without him. He would be in diapers and I would have to stop get him and put him on my lap and we would continue together 25 now Navy. The youngest Jack now 19 in Navy ,last year when we went phesant hunting in the morning and I was driving him back home, I told him was a nice day and I was going back out after dropping him off so he could go to his girl friends. Well he said that was just wrong got real serious and called Becky on the cell phone said see you tomorrow , I am going back hunting with my dad. That dam lump in my throat there again. yes my life is and open book that is how I like it. the price of being a father well worth it. Dave

4. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

From my father I received (besides his stunning good looks) a deep passion for hunting ducks, catching brook trout and trapping muskrats; a Browning superposed, several Winchester model 94's.
    From my father-in law I received a love of trout fishing,pheasant hunting and a Model 12 shotgun.
    From both of them I learned right from wrong, to stand by your convictions and your family and what it takes to be a man.
    I still have all that I've been given by them both; and like them, I try daily to pass along the best to my kids.
    Fathers are very cool.

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Had a nice day yesterday with the family over for Fathers day. We cooked out and had a couple of nonregular items on the grill. Acorn Squash and we did the asparagus wrapped in bacon for appetisers. That is just a great way to start an hour long dinner the the normal summer spread. Good day had by all. Dan:)

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I miss my dad. He passed a month ago, while I was at the Delaware State Shoot. My family tried desperately to contact me. By the time I got the message "get home quick", it was too late. I didn't get to say goodbye in person. I really wish I had. He was a good guy. I really miss him.

7. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

zzt, Sorry for your loss. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.