1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Fathers Day to Me!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tad houston, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

I Cant get over the great day I have had. Actually a great weekend! Please pardon my pride but I'm about to POP!

We had quite a few seniors on our team this year that for various reasons have gone on to bigger and better things after graduation so, this weekend we went off to Linn Creek Saturday with a trimmed down team to shoot in the Missouri SCTP Championships. Dalton, the one senior we had left led the squad with a 100+98 followed by the juniors Bryce with 196, Jake with 195, Cory (my son) with 194 and Logan with 193 for a 976 (including a 125 and two 124's) to defend our SCTP State Title by 4 birds. Our Junior Varsity and Intermediate Advanced and Novice teams all brought home Runner Up!

A long hot day and 200 birds down we headed home only to board the bus again this morning at 7:00AM for the trip back for day two, the AIM State Championships.

So today started even hotter with no clouds and plenty of sunshine. Our Junior High novice team stayed home,200 birds were enough for them.

So I was nervous how the varsity kids would handle day two. I had NOTHING to worry about! These kids are the most mature, tight knit, focused group I have worked with. They went 493 in the morning and backed it up with another 493 this afternoon to top yesterday with 986! This included another 125 and two 124's with Cory going 100+98, Jake with (his first) 100+99 (dropped his 99th bird!), Bryce with 98+100, Dalton with 197 and Logan with 194.

And on top of that our Junior High squad fought it out with our JV squad in the Sub Junior ranks with the JV taking Sub Junior Champs by 3 birds over the Junior High kids who brought home Runner Up!

I am burnt, dead tired and dusty but I feel GREAT and I couldn't be prouder of the whole group. WHAT A WEEKEND!

I am a "Trapdady"
    [​IMG]

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. Bet "your" kids are smiling ear to ear....

3. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Yes they Are!

4. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

trapdady- Those are some pretty impresive numbers considering a 967 took the SCTP Nationals, and a 979 took the AIM Nationals in Sparta last year for the team Junior division. Sounds like your sub-junior squads are going to be right in the mix of it all too! Congatulations, and GOOD LUCK at Nationals.

P.S. That is a nice website, and a long list of achievements for your kids!

G o B r a n s o n T r a p T e a m!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.