1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Birthday, Dad

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by puablo, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

My dad, Ted, would be 90years old today. Sure do miss him and thank him for all he taught me during his life. He's been gone for just about 10years...seems like a long time. He was a character but had a good heart under that rough exterior. A Marine all his life, in spirit...he served with honor during WWII, saw a lot of action. Without a doubt, the strongest, smartest man I've ever known even though he dropped out of school at about the 9th grade. Glad to have had him as a dad...cherish the time you have with your parents, they're God's gift to you. Happy Birthday, Dad!

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Puablo, I can understand about your Dad. Mine has been gone for 35 years this month and I still miss him.

He was a heck of a man, but he was also my best friend.

When he was 15 his Dad died and he had to quit school and start working the farm to support his Mom and his 6 brothers and sisters. I could not imagine myself doing that at the age of 15. But he did what he had to do.

Like your Dad, he was also the smartest man I know. And the thing that really amazed me, was, the older I was, the smarter he got. Go figure. lol

Puablo, Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it.

Hauxfan!

3. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Evan, ya gotta love it! You can bet I heard stuff like that a whole lot more than once.

4. porky

porky TS Member

Paublo, I hear what you are saying about your father. I got to see his softer side when I was just starting to shoot trap. He was a great guy, but he was a stickler for rules. May God Bless them all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.