1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hanoi Jane Being Honored

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Go Fish, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

Got an e-mail about this. Makes a person sick to the stomach.
    SHE REALLY WAS A TRAITOR!!
    And now OBAMA wants to honor her ......!!!!
    Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the
    '100 Women of the Century.'

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

I heard she was nominated by THE LITERALIST.

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Can't Understand Normal Thinking,,,,,,

(first letter of each word)

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Go fish

"Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the '100 Women of the Century.'"

100 Women of the Century!!!!! Ten years after the century ended????????

I believe about 2-3 after it was here last time.!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

5. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

As a VN era vet, i used to really hate Ms. Fonda. Time has altered that though. She's melowed, I've mellowed, we've all grown older and a whole heck of a lot wiser. What she did was wrong.....dead wrong, but I can forgive her. Her crime was no different than cheating on a spouse, it betrayed a sacred relationship. She was too ignorant to know that then but she does now, especially after two spouses have betrayed her. So, I'm inclined to live and let live. Would I nominate her a a "Woman of the Century"? No, not even close, but I nolonger refer to her as "Hanoi Jane" either. Time to move on.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

omgb,

Did she ever repudiate her actions in VN?

...I guess I must have missed that.

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Unloader.. Would you tell us how you really feel??? I think POS is far to kind of wording for it..

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

omgb,

Your wisdom is a breath of fresh air. The older I get, the less sure I am that I know everything. Life is most often more shades of gray than always black and white.

Call me wishy-washy, but the older I get the more I realize there's always more than one perspective--or two for that matter. We've all made mistakes in our more black and white certainties of youth with idealistic passions.

Jane screwed up for sure. Many of us have also. To point a never to forgive finger at her is hypocritical.

As a sage one once said: "I'm not wise and I'm not old, but I'm getting older and I'm getting wiser."

Some will never learn.

Guy Babin

9. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Unloader - you seem to be caught just bit short on facts - you too buzz-gun. In a 1988 interview with Barbara Walters, hanoi jane expressed regret

" would like to say something, not just to Vietnam veterans in New England, but to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of things that I said or did. I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I'm very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families. [...] I will go to my grave regretting the photograph of me in an anti-aircraft gun, which looks like I was trying to shoot at American planes. It hurt so many soldiers. It galvanized such hostility. It was the most horrible thing I could possibly have done. It was just thoughtless..."

to unloader, hanoi jane never did the stuff you have heard where she turned notes over to the north and got the prisoners extra torture and harm. She never caused anyone to be captured or killed. Your comments about having a son involved is way off the mark - that war ended in 1973!! Most of us that were in that stupid war are either old or dead ourselves - my Dad has been gone for years and I was in the tail end of that war.

You don't have to like her - I certainly don't - but you should get your facts straight before attacking. By 1972, it was crystal clear to anyone with half a brain that we should never have been in that war. she was just on the bandwagon pushing for an end.

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Gary Waalkes you also are a little short on your fact,

"In a 1988 interview with Barbara Walters, hanoi jane expressed regret"

Yes she did you will also note that she mentioned the VN veterans in New England. Why??? Because she was trying to make a movie here in MA. The production of which was being stonewalled by the VN Vets in the State. She couldn't very well apologize to the NE Vets in an effort to get them to stop. Then slight the rest so she including the rest that she "hurt".

She also never apologies to the thousands of Vets that gave their live and limbs in that or other wars by her acts of Treason. Now Gary you can forgive her if you wish but you of course will forgive me if I have no such inclination to do the same. As far as I am concerned her and her cohort Sen. John Kerry from my home state I am ashamed to say. Are and Always will be Traitors. There is nothing that they can ever say that forgives the Communist Treasonous behavior they displayed.

Gary you feel free to comment any way you want. For me I will stand with the Unloader on his statements like it or not. She isn't worthy of being titled Garbage dump of the century. That is how I feel, Like it or not.

Bob Lawless

11. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, here's what I'm stuck with running through my brain, "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" I have committed treason against God too many times to count. I have begged his forgiveness, how can I not do the same for Jane Fonda?

12. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

You guys who want to forgive and forget what that bitch said and did can kiss my ass. And there's a few million in line right behind me. That's what's wrong with this country today, the "oh, let's just let it go crowd."

13. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Partygirl & The Unloader,

I am with you 100% on this. I have no tolerance, nor sympathy, for this person. Whe I hear the name "Jane Fonda", my very next thought is and always will be, "traitor". POS is being kind.

CSM Jon Reitz (Ret)

14. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

To go one step further, none of the draft dodgers should have been allowed back in the USA without stiff sentences being served!!!

15. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

OMGB,

Forgive her??? For turning over notes passed to her by prisoners to their captors so that the prisoners could be further beaten and tortured? There are some acts which are unforgiveable and some people who are un-reconstructable. To my knowlegde she has never repented nor has she attempted to make any amends. So her husbands cheated on her. Good for them and the hell with her!!!!!!!

16. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I never did find out what the Viet Nam war was fought over. Does anyone know? I lost two really good friend there,plus a next door neighbor who I never met. Plus several other persons who I've met their family members over the years and not the first one can tell me a concrete reason why we fought a war there.

As for Jane Fonda and her supposed actions, I wonder how many of our legislatures and polititions feet were put to the fire when the big celebrities were going as far as she did? I think the mass demonstrations were an election campaign issue for the republicans for Nixon wasn't it? One of his big promises was that he would stop that war. It worked and we got out of a bad situation. We sure did incite those patriots of South Viet Namm also didn't we? They held off the commies almost all of 10 minutes after we got out of the country. Right? For every person who demonstrated against that war I say "Hooray!" if they were even remotely responsible for stopping our losses even by one day. Our losses in men aren't even close to the losses in mental health from those who were there and saw heavy action. God bless those soldiers and god bless those who took a stand to stop that war. Enough was enough. Dan

17. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I never did find out what the Viet Nam war was fought over. Does anyone know? I lost two really good friend there,plus a next door neighbor who I never met. Plus several other persons who I've met their family members over the years and not the first one can tell me a concrete reason why we fought a war there.

As for Jane Fonda and her supposed actions, I wonder how many of our legislatures and polititions feet were put to the fire when the big celebrities were going as far as she did? I think the mass demonstrations were an election campaign issue for the republicans for Nixon wasn't it? One of his big promises was that he would stop that war. It worked and we got out of a bad situation. We sure did incite those patriots of South Viet Namm also didn't we? They held off the commies almost all of 10 minutes after we got out of the country. Right? For every person who demonstrated against that war I say "Hooray!" if they were even remotely responsible for stopping our losses even by one day. Our losses in men aren't even close to the losses in mental health from those who were there and saw heavy action. God bless those soldiers and god bless those who took a stand to stop that war. Enough was enough.

Likes to shoot you wanted the draft dodgers to serve a stiff sentence? Hell you guys elected one President. Get your story straight. Dan

18. thunder

thunder Active Member

Partygirl & The Unloader,

I agree with you 100% on this. I have no tolerance, nor sympathy, for Jane Fonda, she is a traitor. And any President that would give her an award is no better.

Vietnam Vet and dam proud of it.

Andy

19. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Jane Fonda & Sean Penn should do a Thelma & Louise for us!!

and...I can't believe someone would admit in a public form that they have no idea as to why the Vietnam War was waged!! Unbelieveable!!

Curt

Vietnam 1966-67
    [​IMG]

20. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ya'll are the same group that will probably forgive Barry after he's out of office and want to have a group hug.

Please hold while I barf.

Juck Fane.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.