1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HANK WILLIAMS SR

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by targetshooter, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. targetshooter

targetshooter Member

WTB Hank SR 45,s two or three for a birthday gift for brother thanks MIKE

2. dhip

dhip Active Member

Thought I had more.Have one,Has four songs on it.
    Honky Tonk Blues
    I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive
    Jambalaya(On The Bayou)
    I Won't Be Home No More

MGM 45

Let me know if your interested,I'll probably burn the songs onto a cd before I let it go.

Doug H.

3. targetshooter

targetshooter Member

is it a 45 or 33?

4. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Your 4 song 45 could be what they call an "EP", extended play.

My brother bought a friends record collection in the early 60's, and had 4 of them still in the celophane by Elvis.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

You guys are old! I thought you meant .45 as in Colt...

6. dhip

dhip Active Member

It's a 45 extended play,,LOL,not that old,inherited them from a sister when I was 12 in an old suitcase.Plus,I've been known to pick a few up at auctions if I see a record of a group I like.Just like Trap though,I'm a hoarder and usually don't get rid of anything.

You would not believe some of the nasty stuff that has been recorded until you get an old box of records at an auction from the more southern states.Seems northern auctions go through the boxes and eliminate offensive records.Down south,you get what is in the boxes.Just my experience,not bashing the south,I love it down there.

Doug H.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xnKOVPXhlnE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. targetshooter

targetshooter Member

yes im interested please pm me with info thanks

9. pfofml

pfofml Member

Back in the middle 50's I used to listen to country music broadcast from Del Rio TX. Can anyone come up with the call letters of that station. This was AM frequency, the transmitter was across the river in Mexico, and it tranmision power was so great that we could listen to it up in Minnesota during the day light hours. Many of the great singers and groups got their start from this outlet.
    Peter

10. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Are you speaking of Wolf Man Jack on XERF, Del Rio, Tx coming to you with 100,000 watts. Roy

11. pfofml

pfofml Member

Roy,
    I believe that the programs which I listened to in the early to mid 50's predates Wolfman Jack. I will Google "old radio programs" and see what happens.
    Peter

12. sjkarst

sjkarst Member

I have most of his #1 hits on 78rpm , MGM label. My father bought these when he was a teenager and has passed them on to me . Sorry, not for sale. SJK

13. Herb Roach

Herb Roach Member

Mr. ramorton, you were almost correct, it was XERB, Del Rio. Also listened to the only station East of the Mississippi with a "K" as the 1st letter in the call sign. (KDKA) Pittsburg. Others were WLS, WJJD in Chicago, WCKY in Cincinnati. I'm damned near 83, and I listened to those stations on a table top, cathedral style Zenith. Had a long wire antenna from the top of our house to a tree on the back of our lot. I think Dad spent about $2.00 for the antenna with lightning arresters and standoffs and insulators. You could see the whole family sitting in front of the radio "watching" Amos & Andy. Those were the days. Herb

14. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Seems there was also "XELO" broadcasting from somewhere in MEXICO Joe joe90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.