1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Hangers/ Kolar Max Sporter ?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cyrus, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Looking to see what Front Hangers are being used on the new Max Sporters to get both Barrels to shoot 60/40. My barrel has a #7 Hanger. With the Rib all the way down and Comb up the BOTTOM Barrel is shooting approx. 40/60 and the TOP is coming in approx. 80/20 from a fixed rest. Seems like a Hanger change is in order. Plan on calling Kolar, but would like to be somewhat informed and also see what others owners are using. BTW, do not know the # of the Rear Hanger. Thank you for any info you can provide. Cyrus

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter what others are using, each barrel is different. One might require a #3 hanger to shoot a certain POI, the next one might need a #6.

Mid-hangers don't have numbers, only thicknesses. You'll need to remove it and measure with calipers.

Call Kolar, tell them were your POI is now, tell them where you want your POI to be, and they'll tell you what you need.

3. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

First off I would adjust the rib and comb to get your 60/40 on the top barrel. Raising rib up or lowering comb should accomplish this and get your fig 8 etc. Then pattern gun and if bottom bbl is shooting high then go to a higher number hanger (thicker) to push bottom bbl down. Or if shooting low the you will need smaller number hanger (thinner) to pull bbl up.
    In your case you will probably need a five or six hanger to get the bbls to pattern together. The spacer will need to be addressed after hangers have both bbls shooting in the same. Hope this helps jim w.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Skeet Man is on the money. Here is a note I got from Keith Sprangers regarding POI and Hangers. Bill Malcolm

"We have front hangers from 1-10 (muzzle)(they change spacing .020 per (.5 mm)

We have 5 different (unmarked) mid hangers (they increase approximately .020 per)
    .040-.060-.080-.095-.110 (largest 2 only raise .015) "not bad math"

There is no chart on relationships between p.o.i. & hangers as the projections coming out of the mono-block vary,

i.e. if the bottom or top bore of two different mono-blocks vary .001/inch, at the end of the barrel there different by 1/32" (.032).

So the hangers become more a philosophy, whats the p.o.i. now & were do you want to go ... "results may vary""

5. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Very helpful info. Sent barrels to Kolar and told them approx. current POI of each barrel and asked them to adjust hangers so both are 60/40. A little more involved then setting up the other type of K-gun. Did not want to play around with the numerous combinations of options they offer. Thanks everyone for the quality advise. Cyrus.

6. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

When I had mine changed, I only sent the barrel set. Bill Malcolm

7. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

They only requested the barrel set.

Search tags for this page

kolar barrel hangers

kolar poi adjustment

kolar shotgun hangers