1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

hanger removal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sean justice, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

what can i use? dont have punch,

2. fly

fly Active Member

2 penny nail or a rail spike

3. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Call Kreighoff at 1-610-847-5173. Get the right tool for the job. fly is a jerk, a real comedian.

Tom Strunk

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Like Tom said , get the right metric punch. Someone will know the size. Got mine from Chris Maiest. Jeff

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I'm not kidding here, but this is "fer real" 'cause I care about scratches and stuff. Each time I eat at a Chinese food resturant, I ask for extra chopsticks, you know, the wooden throw away kind. Then I keep the extra ones in the gun tool box. I use those for punches; sometimes I have to whittle the chopstick, but it generally works...just pound with a plastic or brass hammer. Wood won't mar the bluing, at least this soft wood. But use common sense, maybe the Krieghoff tool is the only one that won't tear stuff up, maybe not.

6. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Not to rile anybody up, but I use a small (2d?) finish nail, point ground down and shaped to fit. [wink]

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Go to a good hardware store and look for a small DRIFT PUNCH and if possible take the Bbl with you to check for proper fit. A pointed punch will keep you inside the steel roll pin but not so much as to expand it. When punching it out don't take it out all the way, just enough for the rib to be loose, if you are replacing the hangar, on the underside of the hanger ther is a special pin to keep the hangar centered, don't lose it, it will fall out when you move the hangar forward, so be over a piece of cloth to catch it and it won't bounce
    and be hard to find. On Kreighoff the "0" hangar is the high shooter, the #4 is the low shooter, the lower the number the higher it shoots.

On the KX-5 adj.rib the knurled knob is height adjustment.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. fly

fly Active Member

Strunk, I could have said use a pinhead, but you might have taken that wrong too! It was a joke, take a deep breath.

9. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

its a over under bbl, just broke the pin they sent me, used old one but bent it , got it in there barely, the thing is the bottom bbl was loose so i boughgt a new hanger, still loose?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.