1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

HANG ON !!! MORE CHANGE COMING,,

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by H82MIS, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

From "The Obama File",,,

You'll love this one,,,,,

4/2/09 H.R. 40

H.R. 40 is a bill in the U.S. House of Representatives to create a commission to study reparation proposals for African-Americans.

The bill is to acknowledge the fundamental injustice, cruelty, brutality, and inhumanity of slavery in the United States and the 13 American colonies between 1619 and 1865 and to establish a commission to examine the institution of slavery, subsequently de jure and de facto racial and economic discrimination against African-Americans, and the impact of these forces on living African-Americans, to make recommendations to the Congress on appropriate remedies, and for other purposes.

It should be no surprise, that its sponsor is Rep. John Conyers, Democrat from Michigan -- and he has an ally in the White House.

In this transcript of a 2001 radio interview, Obama advocates redistribution as reparations for slavery and other injustices towards "previously dispossessed peoples."

He said, "the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth and sort of more basic issues of political and economic justice in this society. And to that extent as radical as people tried to characterize the Warren court, it wasn’t that radical."

"It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution, at least as it’s been interpreted, and the Warren court interpreted it in the same way that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can’t do to you, it says what the federal government can’t do to you, but it doesn’t say what the federal government or the state government must do on your behalf. And that hasn’t shifted."

"One of the, I think tragedies of the civil rights movement was because the civil rights movement became so court focused, I think that there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalitions of power through which you bring about redistributed change and in some ways we still suffer from that."

In ObamaWorld, a terrorist attack is a "man caused disaster" and reparations are called a "stimulus package."

2. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Our own dear Chavez.

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

worse,,,,

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Putting the lie to more dumocrat lies.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The link needs to have a letter"d" put on the end i your browser, then it works. Apparently the number of characters is exceeded by one in this particular URL.

But I got to it and read it. Now I'm completely enraged at the smear machine they have operating on this issue.

You certainly can't blame an individual for getting paranoid. This is simply a thinly disguised move on the Second Amendment.

We need to send emails to O'Reilly and Beck, and Hannity too so this gets more air.

Puke Media control is a hard thing to overcome. Their continuous repetition of the "American Guns going to Mexico" Mantra has made it believable.

Anyone with constructive ideas to put to work here, chime in.

HM

6. tachyon

tachyon Member

This is important enough to put into a tinyurl. It is obvious that certain "anti-gun" individuals are using the Mexico drug war as an attack on our gun ownership rights. The facts are that less than 20% of the guns being used by criminals in Mexico comes from the United States. Those who quote the 90% figure are not telling the truth.

7. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Seemed like Hillary Clinton was eagger to use the 90% figure (American guns to Mexico). I wrote a previous thread asking for the proof. These anti-gun people use figures to promote their agenda. These so-called leaders should be challenged when they just throw out a number that suits their bias crap. BT-100dc

8. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I sent an email to my Senators, both Democrats, about this subject pointing out that the Democratic Party is disseminating lies, half-truths and misleading information. I suggest that everyone let their representatives what they think about this. Perhaps they will get the message.

9. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

Yeah, like any of these negros are old enough to have been slaves! They need to get over it.
    On the other hand, I am part German and since the USA and it's allies destroyed a country that none of my relatives have ever lived in I should get some reimbersement for damage to what may have been my ancesters land.

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

Ah, yes, reparations. Let me tell you what this is about. This is about keeping a certain element of the Democratic base whipped up into a lather. Certain politicians from "chocolate districts" need this sort of thing to keep their constituents engaged with him/her; to offer proof to them he/she is "rep-a-sentin'" them well.

You see, every now and then, one of these chocolate politicians actually gets a primary challenge from somebody within their own party. Somebody from their local district with some financing behind them steps up and says, hey, I can do the job better than the guy/gal who's in there now. What reparations does, is it gives the incumbent "chocolate politician" ammo to throw back at his (probably better-qualified) challenger, that nobody can match:

"Lookee here, I was the person who wrote/sponsored/co-sponsored/supported the reparations bill...so you see, I really am your guy/gal....I am a competent voice for your Struggle...and with your vote...that voice will march on."

That's all this is. It comes up every couple years, and never goes anywhere, and never will - and it isn't really supposed to. But it keeps the "black intellectuals" whipped up. It gives black university freshmen a topic to write "persuasive papers" about for their English Comp. classes. And that's about all this amounts to.

And if you don't believe me, try this test: wait and see if anybody in the media asks Obama himself if he's in favor of reparations - and watch him back-pedal away from it. I'm guessing, personally, that the question never even gets asked in the first place, out of courtesy for "The Man." Because they know he can't associate himself with something so obviously wacky, so obviously outside the Constitutional limits of objective reality. It's like the "Marijuana Legalization" question - technically aligned with his world view - but too dangerous for him to touch or be associated with. When "Obama the Organizer" got promoted and took up residence on Pennsylvania Avenue in The White Hizzy, this sort of thing became off-limits for him.

No, this issue is strictly for "local consumption" only. It's something to buzz about in the beauty shops...and the Churches.

Yawn...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.