1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Handloaders Plastic Funnels

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by plabels466, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plabels466

plabels466 Member

I have one each of - RCBS & Hornady plastic funnels that are used to dump powder into metallic rifle & pistol cases.....I have used these for over 10 years....Lately I am getting ''powder clinging'' to the funnels....Any tricks on how to eliminate this? I have tried soap - dishwasher liquid - spit - & even washed them in the dishwasher.....Ball powders really cling but so does IMR-3031.............Thanks.........Pete

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I had the same trouble and went to metal ones - click on the link above. Those come in sizes to exactly fit every caliber cartridge neck.

Ed

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Yeah, those fabric softener sheets that are put into the dryer to reduce static electricity in clothes works well. Just wipe out the funnel with the sheet and it reduces powder sticking to the funnel.

Easystreet

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I use the covers for otoscopes at the dr's office. The softner sheets work with those.

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I used the spray cans of static guard. Spray a little on a rag and wipe. Works good.

Hap

6. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Problem solved......I remembered reading this years ago.....Thanks guys.....Pete

7. plabels466

plabels466 Member

I just wanted to tell you guys all the problems were solved by getting a fabric softner sheet & really wiping aggressivly in/on the plastic funnel......Now if I tried I could not get the powder to cling - amazing....Really works.....Thanks again.............Pete

8. maka

maka Member

I put powder in powder bottle,(Clays,Redot, & Promo) using plasic funnel. Then I put shot in shot bottle with same funnell. Never had any problems.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Ed, thanks for that link to the metal funnels. I load blackpowder cartridges, and plastic funnels, even when wiped with static dryer strips, is not a smart idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.