1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Handicap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dangerousdode, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dangerousdode

dangerousdode TS Member

I recently moved to the 23 yard line and my scores started to go down.I shoot an over and under berreta 682 gold E trap it shoots about 60/40 from the 16 yard line and it seems that I have to cover the birds from the 23 to break them.I also realized that I'm pretty much the only one shooting an over and under from the 23 yard line and back.Does anyone have any tips to get my scores back up to where they were.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Raise your comb!!

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I shoot an O/U from 25.

Do what oleolliedawg said.

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you're not getting the desired results-raise it more!!

5. 68sscamaro

68sscamaro TS Member

if he starts messing with his comb, will it mess with his 16 yd game. (he is averaging about 98% right now). he moved back from the 19 to the 23 pretty fast with some 97 and 98's. now his handicaps have droped to 90 to 93%.. what about a unsingle barrel with an adj. rib...

6. John E

John E Member

do what oleolliedawg says then put it back for singles remember singles and handicap are two totally seperate games.

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

dd,

If your gun has that aweful Memory system hardware on the adjustable comb, replace it with some much better hardware. Joel Etchen and other make some nice replacement hardware that will allow you to easily adjust the comb between events. I use rubber washers to help me with the change to keep from getting screwed up.

ec90t

8. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I was stuck for 6 months on the 23 before I raised my comb and made the 27 3 months later and shot my first 100 in singles. Ask yourself this question: If you want to keep the rising target insight above your bead, what are you planning to hit with the 40% of your pattern that is below your POI?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.