1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Handicap Tips

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by goldenkc, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldenkc

goldenkc TS Member

Having trouble shooting handicap trap beyond 23yd. line. Shoot great at
    yardage below 23 yds. , but really struggling above that & especially at 26 yds. Any suggestions? Sight pictures look good, but no go.

Thanks, Keith

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Raise the comb. HMB

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Sight pictures???? Maybe that is the problem.

4. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Most of the time when a short yardage shooter moves back the move to the target he makes is too fast and furious! Long yardage trap shooting is a precise shooting game. The actual gun movement is less, however it is more exacting than up close. Move the gun with your shoulders, and right hand, and keep it all together for a precise gun move.

Let the bird out of the house and don't move the gun until it's past your barrel. You should have to "catch" the target with an accelerating gun. Make one move through the target and pull (or release) the trigger when you are in front of the target.

If you find yourself shooting under little quarter angles and straight aways, as suggested above raise your POI with your rib and comb (or just the comb if you have a fixed rib) until you hit those birds hard from 25 - 27 yards.

See you in the shootoff! Bob Schultz

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Well said, Bob.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

The roulette wheel lands on everybody sooner or later, if you keep at it long enough. Shoot your targets and wait your turn.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Boy. I agree with Bob and Coach. I may catch up to you later when I have more time and wind. But both of these guys know their stuff.

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Let us konw if you are a one-eyed shooter. What gun you shoot, and what bullets you send down range. Too, put us in touch with who you are (via ATA look-up) and we can be of more assistance.

Don't be afraid of tellin us who you are. Buzzy excluded. He writes for his own edification. His wheel is yet to land

9. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

i have same problem but think its in my head shot great till i got to 25 i raised my comb quite a bit and its starting to come around andy pells

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
handicap & tips
handicap trap

handicap trap shooting tips

how do you shoot handicap trap
how to shoot handicap trap
shooting handicap trap
tips for shooting handicap trap
trap shooting handicap tips