1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Handicap system is not working for me

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oleolliedawg, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Ask a few 21 yd. wannabees. They usually have all the answers!!

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Why do you want to go back to the porch? I have always thought shooting was easier at the back fence.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The ATA started the Big 50 inorder to solve your problem. HMB

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I was also wondering where a 82 wins Handicap routinely enough that you don't get a reduction. I haven't seen it around here. Not even at the small shoots and clubs.

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

He's in Alaska.

6. Highrise

Highrise TS Member

I actually agree with the original poster.
    Many of the smaller ATA shoots around here where the conditions are no where near ideal and peolpe shoot cause they love to shoot, I have seen a mid 80's score get a punch numerous times.
    People are being sent back to a point where they are not able to compete at their yardage.
    Isnt it often that at a state shoot (in a state that dosent have the stature of a PA, FLA, etc) where a short yardage new shooter usually wins. But the reality is that if you go to any big shoot they are dominated by 27 yard shooters. The guy that worked himself back by shooting a 90 at a shoot with 35 people getting punched for his local effort can not compete. period.

7. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Come on YUKON its not that bad, a girl beat you from the 27!!!

8. happytrapper

happytrapper TS Member

Maybe you should quit shooting HDCP targets and just shoot 16 YD targets . that way you won't have anything to cry about. I don't think you get any yardage in the Big 50 program unless you break all 50 targets

9. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

Even 50 target events are subject to the earned yardage table ; see Section VI D8

10. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

I have found out that if you quit beating Kaiser at Cribbage he is alot friendlier (I think that is a word).

11. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Kaiser shot a 197 in singles.

12. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Ah, come on Jim...its not that bad.

First: fix the crooked rib on your Browning.

Second: Quit shooting in November and December - wish I took my own advice there, I sucked up a 74 shooting in November. Hurt my average.

Third: Quit shooting the handicap in the Big 50s...you don't need the cheap punches...they just reset your clock.

Fourth: spend some more time practicing caps. You typically shoot 4 or 5 rounds of singles when you practice, but usually only ONE handicap, or maybe two. I typically flip that ratio.

I've seen you shoot really good scores in caps. You can again.

13. otnot

otnot Active Member

I agree with Jim. I think that unless you shoot a 95 and above you should not get punched even if you win the event. I see too many people shooting long yardage (myself included) that are not competitive from their yardage. I would venture a guess that 98% of the 25- 27 yard shooters don't carry a 90 average.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.