1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Handicap Squadding at the Grand??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jtf650, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtf650

jtf650 Member

Please forgive the stupid question, but I hardly ever shoot handicap so I'm not really familiar with all the procedures. Am I correct in assuming that shooters are assigned to squads according to the same yardage groups shown in the yardage purses, i.e, 19-21, 22-23, 24-25, and 26-27? So a whole squad of shooters that were all between 23 or 25 yards could not shoot together even though they were only 2 yards apart on that squad? It seems obvious that it has to be done according to the groups for administrative purposes if nothing else, but I can't find specific confirmation of that in the program- maybe it's so obvious it doesn't require confirmation. Our squad will only have one car, so if we're assigned to different squads at different times, especially given how large the place is and no trolleys to get around, we'll need to do some planning. Can you rent a golf cart by the day? James Fawcett

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The system at the Grand, Jim, is to have a max of a two-yard spread on a squad. That means 21 to 23, 22 to 24, and so on. Thus, 23 and 25 can squad together. Yes, golf cars can be rented by the day, but you might want to call them to be sure, link above. Enjoy the shoot.

Neil

3. jtf650

jtf650 Member

Thanks. As long as the yardage purse groupings don't control the squadding, we should be ok. Even though I will have to shoot the penalty 25 yards, I do expect to enjoy the shoot. I know some people who were at Sparta for the recent skeet shoot, and by all reports the facility is spectacular. I'm looking forward to seeing it for myself. James Fawcett

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Not at the Grand, Jerry. The 24 yarder can't shoot on that squad, since the maximum spread is two yards.

Neil

5. Darla

Darla Member

Jerry, it's a Bubba thing. Nuff said?

6. Darla

Darla Member

Oops! Got this email from Sandie this morning -

"FYI it was a Executive Decision to make the major tournaments 2 yards not a "Bubba" thing nuff said!!!!
    I expect to see a retraction on trapshooters.com since he was falsely accused.
    I just dont understand why you think Bob has any kind of power over the ATA in this manner.
    The decision was made due to the fact that the shooters would always mess up and put 3 yards between himself and the next shooter hence makeing extra work for the person who had to fix this on every handicap event.
    ATA directed "Bubba" to write the program...which by the way took many hours because he had to install the codeing into every aspect of the program.
    Sincerly,
    Sandie"

Abject apologies. It was meant as a joke, and I hope no one took it seriously.
    Darla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.