1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Handicap Reloads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lucky hunter, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucky hunter

lucky hunter Member

I am looking for a recipe to reload some handicap loads. I would like them around 1200 fps. Probably use 7 1/2 shot and green dot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Kyle

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Check out the Alliant website for their reloading guide.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Kyle, There is no majical load that will give everyone better scores. You need to load and pattern various different loads out of your gun with your favorite choke and see for yourself which load works better out of your gun. Its the only way to do it. Best of Luck on your search. Break-em all. Jeff

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

This is what I use with an old style AA hull. Cronos at 1235 fps. With a standard deviation of 8.9 fps. Quite possibly the most consistent powder I've ever used.

Wayne

Shotshell
    12 Gauge

2 3/4-in. Winchester AA Plastic Shells

1 1/8 shot wt. 7-1/2

Win 209

Blue Duster

20 grains Green Dot

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

STS/Nitro hull~~Winchester 209 primer~~Fig8 wad~~19.3gr Green Dot~~1 1/8oz #8 shot. In the 1200fps range. Real soft shooting load. Shot size doesn't matter. I just prefer 8's.

As stated above, Use Alliants Website. They have an easy to use reloading program that you just plug in your components. Click on the "Reloaders Guide" and follow directions.

6. lucky hunter

lucky hunter Member

grntitan,

with that load yo just said, could i change out the win 209 primers with cci 209? what about the wads to windjammer replacement?

Thanks

7. grntitan

Swapping components without a printed/known recipe can get you in trouble quick. All primers have different levels of hotness which can change burn rates and pressure. Maybe someone else will chime in with a known recipe including your CCI primers. Don't just assume. It will get you in trouble. All i use are W209 primers so i can't help ya there.

8. grntitan

lucky hunter--Take the advice given you twice and go to Alliants site. They list your CCI primers, Green Dot powder and windjammer wads. There are 4 different powder drop amounts including 20.5 gr Green Dot at 1200fps. Check it out yourself. Pretty simple to use.

9. racer

racer TS Member

Waynoe- how about posting some of your chrono data? Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

reloading handicap loads