1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

handicap reduction refusal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trap906, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trap906

trap906 Member

i was offered a hdcp reduction from the 25 to the 23 yd line. I refused the offer and all was well for a while. When I recieved my new average card, I had been reduced ! I had sent the refusal back, and had went on the website and refused that and any other future reductions. I now have called the ATA and was told to just mark my card for the 25 and they would take care of the rest. I thought you had to have a official mark your card? And what is going to happen when I shoot on the 25 if I don't have my card marked correctly?

2. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Go to the ATA website and check your yardage. It should show you are still on the 25.

3. trap906

trap906 Member

That what I thought, but it still shows 23

4. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

If you were on the 25 and want to refuse the reduction just shoot from the 25. The ATA will see this, when the scores are sent in, and know that you refused your reduction.

5. trap906

trap906 Member

ok, thanks

6. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Trap906,

When you say every thing was OK for a while, are you talking about last years 2 yard reduction?

Because this year the ATA is again giving 2 yard reductions.

If the ATA said just mark the card, I would do so, noting that the 2 yard reduction has been refused. If you see your delegate have him initial your card, that should make it official.

I thought that you were suppose to mail the card back along with the refusal form. Then the ATA is suppose to mail you a new card with your old yardage "X"ed.

Also, keep checking the ATA site because you can now print your own average card.

Jason

7. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I was told by my 1st Alternate Delegate that as long as you have not shot at the reduction yardage, you can refuse it at the first shoot you go to after you were offered the reduction.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.