1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

handicap question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Kevin Nelson, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Nelson

Kevin Nelson Member

I understand there is suppose to be no more than 3 yards difference between post's when shooting handicap, but my question is, for example post 1 is shooting from 20 yds, what is the maximum yardage post 2 can be? Do you add 3 yards to 20 and come up with 23, or if you leave 3 yards between the shooters, wouldnt post 2 be alowed to shoot at the 24 yard line? I hoped I worded this right for all to understand.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Kevin, there can be 3 yards difference between shooters on a squad ONLY if the two extremes aren't next to each other. In other words the entire squad can have 3 yards difference on the extremes as long as the shooters at the extremes are not next to each other - side by side, they are limited to 2 yards difference.

For your precise question, the extremes in your case would be 20 and 23 yards NOT 20 and 24 where there would be 4 yards difference.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

The squading rules are not more than 2 yards between post and no more than 3 yards in the squad.

If Post 1: 20; post 2: no more than 22. If post 2 is at 22 then post 3 and 4 can be at 23, but then post 5 must be 22.

Jason

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Kevin- Maximum of three yards difference in the squad and two yards difference between adjacent posts. The difference between 20 and 24 is four yards, not three yards.

Pat Ireland

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Jason:

In your example the shooter on post 5 could be a 21 OR 22 yarder.

KEVIN56:

As previous posters have said, the rule allows a two yards max difference for adjacent posts and a max three yards total. However, you should be aware that a number of larger shoots won't allow a three yard variation. Shoot management at these venues limit the max variation to two yards.

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.