1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Handicap Code ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bcnu, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Don't remember what letter it is but you can request to be coded for no reductions to be automatically generated. And if you ask for a yardage increase, you will not be allowed a reduction for two years. John

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

You are correct "K coded shooter, lifetime hold on reductions per shooter request" Page 69 on ATA online rule book

Bob Lawless

3. smartass

smartass TS Member

Looking in the rulebook constitutes cheating !!!!!! LOL

4. trpshtr35

trpshtr35 TS Member

there is some good to the K code but not much I was on on 27 for 25 yrs but got older You can not go below 24 untill you are a vet, no big deal, now I am a senior vet still cant beat the young guns and most of you cant either been there done that. Old saying the cream comes to the top.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

trpshtr35 It is a Y code that prevents a shooter from going closer than the 24 once they have made the 27. The code is removed once the shooter becomes a Vet.

Pat Ireland

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

To Pat or Neil: When you get a reduction from the ATA there are 2 boxes you can check on the notice. One box is Reduction is Void because yardage was earned while the Reduction was in process and the other box indicates that the Reduction is refused. In either case you have to sign the notification slip and return it and the Review ATA card in the mail. My question: what should you do if you get a valid ATA reduction with no recent earned yardage and you don't want to refuse the Reduction but you can not use it because you are a current member of the PITA and your PITA yardage is the same as your ATA yardage before the Reduction??

7. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

There is another code for those that have received a punch at the Grand or certain scores at state or satelite grands. NO reduction for 2 years regardless of averages and scores. My opinion just another silly attempt to control the "dreaded sandbagger".

I have asked many without a reasonable answer. Why do we continue to punish the average shooter. And at the same time honor the professionals by squad and bank preferences. There are 8 or 10 that individually win more than all the so called sandbaggers combined. This does not show any fairness or under-standing whatsoever. - Jim

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Jim, you are right. I think preferential squadding is getting better but it's still too common, though limited, I think, to a small number of (big) shoots.

Mike, take the reduction. Shoot your longer yardage. There's no problem with that at all.

Neil

9. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

neil, i have refused 4 or 5 reductions, mainly because i can't afford to shoot that much and it has been very hard to earn yardage. i feel if i earned the yardage i ain't giving it up unless i have to it's to hard to come by. i also don't like to be called a short yardage sandbagger. my yardage is 23.5 and i have never missed a target on purpose. am i wrong to feel this way. some of the same people who say take the reduction are the ones who are always talking about the short yardage sandbaggers.

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

jackmitch, don't be intimidated or concerned with clubhouse banter and that's all most of that crap is anyway. Shoot the game for your abilities and enjoyment! Climbing the yardage ladder will come as you get more proficient at the game. Look at the reduction as an earned move forward instead? Look at your singles averages, then compare those to the top long yardage shooters handicap averages? Wear better ear plugs when your around such guys, take your earned reductions and enjoy the sport even more! Hap

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jim- I have the code you mentioned that stops all reductions for two years. It does not bother me.

Pat Ireland

12. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

AJ - I am on the 27. Have taken several reductions and when I get back to about 25 I shoot well. Have some high scores from 27, but come very far inbetween. I don't like any rule that is not in place for all. And although I really appreciate the great shooters I feel there has been far too much support for them and not the average Joe. I don't profess to know the solutions but alas what the organization has done to date certainly is not condusive to a fair sport. - Jim

13. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

thanks hap i never thought of that way jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.