1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Handicap at Grand American

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by jastrapmaster, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jastrapmaster

jastrapmaster Member

Can you bring new shells from home to shoot handicap events or do you have to purchase the shells at the Grand?

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

You have been able to shoot whatever you like (legal) for several years now. Buy them there, buy them elsewhere, or reload them. It's all good. John

3. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

You can shot new or reloads for handicap, but remember if you shot reloads you are ineligible to shoot for the $100,000 if you would win one of the handicap events.

Ed Fish
    Racine, WI

4. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

Page 20 of the Grand program says, "new shells are mandatory for all handicap events and handicap shoot-offs. Shooters will be able to bring their own shells or buy them through Gamaliel at the shell house." Reloads can be shot for doubles and singles.

Gary Beer

5. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

To further clarify - you can not shoot reloads in handicap events at the Grand. Does not matter if you want to participate in the 100K event or not, reloads are not allowed for handicap.

Scott

6. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Since 2010 reloads have not been allowed for handicap events regardless if you are participating in the Martin Lewis or not. Prior to 2010 at Sparta reloads were allowed in handicap events. Reloads are still allowed in non-handicap events.

You can get them anywhere as long as they are legal loads.

There are plenty of new shells available at very good prices either at the shell house or in Sparta at Wal-Mart. They both have many truck loads. Out of state shooters just need to show their ATA card at Wal-Mart (maybe their drivers licence also, I don't remember). In state shooters should have a FOID Card.

7. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

At Walmart, you have to prove "non residency" with a drivers license. Personally, Gamiel has contributed to all shooting sports for years, I bought from Garon when he and his wife first started. I have yet to see Walmart giving anything to the ATA. Just my thoughts.

8. bas

bas Member

Ditto, John Thompson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.