1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Handicap adjustment ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

At what yardage do you start to raise your comb ? Also can you get the same effect by raising the POI with an adjustable rib. I believe no adjustment is needed up to the 23 yd. From your singles setting. Looking for advice,

Phil Berkowitz

2. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Phil, a lot of us set them up for 27 yards and shoot them at 16 yds. Adjustments are then only made for conditions. Harv.

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Phil, I saw a difference between 16 and 20. From the 23 it is quite noticeable, and requires an adjustment for me. From the 26, shooting with the singles POI nets me 16-18. Adjusting POI bring it back to 23-25. Yes, you can adjust POI by moving the rib only. I do it all the time.

4. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

Another very individual point. As stated, some of us set them up for the 27 and shoot singles with them and for me, doubles as well. But at every yardage beyond the 18, a given shooter may need some POI increase. It depends on style used, recognition of target leaving house and response time, how well the gun fits, sight picture, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.